Thistle vs Hamilton 20th November 2021

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Sometimes I think that Scottish football gets unfair criticism, and then halves like that happen.

The Referee forgetting he had to let Akinola back on the park for a few minutes a particular lowlight.

You mean we aren't our silky Barca style today?

As a spectacle, that was really poor. Second half was slightly better than the first but still mostly dire. At least we won. Smiths shot that can back off the bar would have been something else if it had gone in mind. 

I thought Sneddon had a few really ropey moments where better teams, by which I mean almost anyone in the division, would have punished us. Once again though, Hamilton look like an absolute rabble. Did they manage a shot on target?

Referee was atrocious.

First time this season, that I can recall, where we won 'ugly'. Nice to see we can do that when required. 

Truly awful first half. Truly awful refereeing display. Glad it didn't cost us anything. 

Season 2012-2013 is rightly considered a wonderful Thistle season. Even that season there were ugly wins like today's. 

Great support from the JL today. Even when it was rotten they were right behind the players. There is a real sense of everyone pulling together. Much like 2012-2013. 

8 minutes ago, Reid said:

We weren’t great but deserved the win. Thought Bannigan was excellent again. No idea how Accies still had 11 men on the park at full time.

Mimnaugh could easily have got a red for his challenge but apart from that can't think of any other poor tackles.

11 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Fair play to the boy near the front of the Accies support in the red jacket who still cares enough about that team to get angry about everything.

Pity that the team and manager don't have his passion.

45 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Mimnaugh could easily have got a red for his challenge but apart from that can't think of any other poor tackles.

Want put in a really reckless challenge on Tiffoney which lead to another strong tackle from Virtanen then the tammy.

Thought that Hamilton marshalled Graham and Rudden really well and they got us involved in a lot of head tennis which doesn't suit us.

Smith coming on added more directness and this seemed to spark Tiffoney into life too. Thought we just deserved that in the end.

Ref was bowfin. Carding the manager was the highlight for me.