Best and worse goalies

Not having Berthelot. Maybe not a world beater, but he improved the team when he signed in the January that year. 

We have had a fair number of bad goalies: Kieron Renton, Ramiro Gonzalez and Connor Brennan to name but a few. You can add Andy McNeil, Chris Fahey and Graeme Smith also, and probably a few more too that are bordering on poor rather than average. 

Edited by Michael W

Top 3 - Nicky Walker (shite for everyone else, brilliant for us), Tomas Cerny, then a gap, then Jonny Tuffey (as per Walker) 

Worst 3 - Bryn Halliwell, Andy Stewart, Colin Stewart. 

Honourable mentions for worst but not enough games played to qualify for Thorsten Stuckmann and David Klein. 

2 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Top 3 - Nicky Walker (shite for everyone else, brilliant for us), Tomas Cerny, then a gap, then Jonny Tuffey (as per Walker) 

Honourable mentions for worst but not enough games played to qualify for Thorsten Stuckmann and David Klein. 

I’d probably go Nicky Walker, Cerny then Craig Nelson. I liked Andy Murdoch who had some big games in the top flight. Had a great spell in loan before eventually signing for us permanently. 

Id probably replace Andy Stewart with Scott Fox v 2.0. 

49 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Not having Berthelot. Maybe not a world beater, but he improved the team when he signed in the January that year. 

We have had a fair number of bad goalies: Kieron Renton, Ramiro Gonzalez and Connor Brennan to name but a few. You can add Andy McNeil, Chris Fahey and Graeme Smith also, and probably a few more too that are bordering on poor rather than average. 

How the f**k did I miss graeme Smith 😂. That howler away to albion rovers still haunts me

15 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

I’d probably go Nicky Walker, Cerny then Craig Nelson. I liked Andy Murdoch who had some big games in the top flight. Had a great spell in loan before eventually signing for us permanently. 

Id probably replace Andy Stewart with Scott Fox v 2.0. 

Agree Fox's second spell was horrific but his first was solid 7/10 so as much as he is a p***k I don't think he gets near top 3 overall. 

Nelson and Murdoch were much of a muchness for me despite different styles, Murdoch had a habit of charging miles off his line costing goals but was also capable of brilliance whereas Nelson was more of a rooted to the line keeper which cost goals in its own way. 

I originally had Ryan Scully at 3 in the worst but he did at least have one good game on his debut, Colin Stewart on the other hand had none. 

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Would chuck Cammy Bell in the worst category too.

Cerny and Gallagher would be the best since I've been following the club (early 00's); we would have been relegated from the top flight a lot sooner without either and Cerny especially put some amount of points on the table for us when we got top 6. Tuffey would be the third even if he had the odd howler in him - seeing him save a penalty from Giampaolo Pazzini was a fun novelty. 

We may have had worse goalkeepers (Graeme Smith, Colin Stewart) but Scully played in the team quite consistently for a period and so probably did more damage than most. Throw in Halliwell and Cammy Bell to round off the three.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee nomination:

Best:

Rab Douglas (No-one else really comes close as we've had some amount of shite)

Worst:

Kelvin Jack, Derek Soutar & Jack Hamilton.

No Schenk or Souttar?

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dundee nomination:

Best:

Rab Douglas (No-one else really comes close as we've had some amount of shite)

Dunno how much he actually played, but Tony Bullock produced the best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen against us in 2009.

Gary Harkins scored and delivered a grudgingly excellent GIRFUY to the Thistle fans, dodging a few launched pies on his way.