Pars vs Ayr - 20th November

Excellent win, a crucial game and we strolled it from start to finish. A few cheap mistakes here and there which a better team could definitely punish, but Ayr served up some of the worst football I’ve seen this season, barring maybe 1 or 2 of our worst performances.

Delighted for Lewis as well, been a tough road for him and he’s rightfully had his critics but he was excellent today and thoroughly deserved MOTM.

Another 2 important games coming up, more of that please.

4 minutes ago, Andriy_Parmolenko said:

Excellent win, a crucial game and we strolled it from start to finish. A few cheap mistakes here and there which a better team could definitely punish, but Ayr served up some of the worst football I’ve seen this season, barring maybe 1 or 2 of our worst performances.

Delighted for Lewis as well, been a tough road for him and he’s rightfully had his critics but he was excellent today and thoroughly deserved MOTM.

Another 2 important games coming up, more of that please.

That can't be true, surely!

I’d say us against Arbroath is the worst I’ve seen at EEP this season. Ayr’s performance today a close 2nd.

Imagine playing Dom Thomas anywhere but out wide. Absolutely ran the show. Dorrans could have got a cigar out as well; completely strolled it. Can’t fault anyone. If I’m being critical, it’d be towards Connolly who does stupid things that good teams will definitely capitalise on.

Ayr fans, what happened to Adeloye? He absolutely smashed us at Somerset, albeit against a horrific defence. Still, I think he could have caused us problems today. Afolabi was rank and fluffed his chance. Why is he starting in front of Adeloye?

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Dorrans and Dom running the show and ably supported by everyone else. 

I think everyones eyebrows were raised at McCann on his own up top and it worked a treat. He's a BIG OANEST LAAADDDDIIIEEEEE!!!! 

As has been mentioned, Ayr....jeezo, dont think any of those players wanted to be out there today. Very very shite. 

We were very good, some ropey moments but popping the ball about with ease. Lovely shree points! 

Working today so didn’t catch any of it but pleased that Yogi was quick to point out there were various things he wasn’t happy with and that they’d address them next week. Wins are great but shouldn’t be allowed to paper over the cracks. 

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Ayr fans, what happened to Adeloye? He absolutely smashed us at Somerset, albeit against a horrific defence. Still, I think he could have caused us problems today. Afolabi was rank and fluffed his chance. Why is he starting in front of Adeloye?

Adeloye has been rank rotten for weeks. Afolabi had shown a little tiny bit more in recent games, not that it makes much difference. We also have absolutely no service, so it doesn't really matter who we have up there.

30 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Adeloye has been rank rotten for weeks. Afolabi had shown a little tiny bit more in recent games, not that it makes much difference. We also have absolutely no service, so it doesn't really matter who we have up there.

Sounds familiar.

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Wait 5 mins, check your spam folder… that’s all I have I’m afraid. Sometimes it took 5 mins or so when I bought league cup tickets earlier in the season. But never really experienced the ticket not coming through. Failing that, email Matt in our club shop (tickets@dafc.co.uk) or go into the shop when you arrive at East End.

Got Matt in the shop and he sorted it within 30 seconds and gave me my 2 tickets allowing me to get in just in time for kick off.

Matt is therefore a w****r for ruining my day.  Thanks Matt. 

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Working today so didn’t catch any of it but pleased that Yogi was quick to point out there were various things he wasn’t happy with and that they’d address them next week. Wins are great but shouldn’t be allowed to paper over the cracks. 

You'll be getting barred if you miss another win :lol:

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Easiest £45 I've ever made, Dunfermline to win by 3 or more @ 9/1. Don't like betting against Ayr but it shows the level of faith in this current gang. Only regret is only putting on a fiver.

I felt we had a really good chance of winning today but I was taken aback by how poor Ayr looked. Players absolutely chucked it in the second half.

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I felt we had a really good chance of winning today but I was taken aback by how poor Ayr looked. Players absolutely chucked it in the second half.

We have an impressive combination of several players playing at at least a level above their capabilities, a manager in the same boat and a team who appear to either be devoid of any confidence or have indeed chucked it. 

Of our side today, only McAdams and Reading are of half decent championship standard - Murdoch could be in a better side. Muirhead and O’Connor may be. The rest are a mixture of league one and two standard. 

8 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

They chucked it in the first 5 mins. We offered nothing. 

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

They chucked it in the first 5 mins. We offered nothing. 

Afolabi had a great chance but it was a tame shot straight at OFW.

Felt first half was at least somewhat in the balance but it was almost unsettling how much we coasted the final half hour.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Afolabi had a great chance but it was a tame shot straight at OFW.

Felt first half was at least somewhat in the balance but it was almost unsettling how much we coasted the final half hour.

Haha, yes, absolutely this! We had periods where we knocked it about for fun in that last half hour. Pretty sure we had almost 50 passes at one point!

Saw a lot of us under Grant in Ayr in that last 30 minutes, specifically guys just firing the ball upfield. That's a total lack of confidence. Almost sad to see.

Ach we were diabolical as expected. Next 3 games make or break the season.   Altbough f**k it - i've had a good weekend in Dunfermline - 2 nights, Old Inn was superb this morning/ afternoon and a takeaway from the Dragon Inn after a couple at the Elizabethan Post game.