Pars vs Ayr - 20th November

I imagine we will see a very different line up on Saturday once Yogi comes in and evaluates the squad. Saturday's scenes suggest DT23 and Hughes have already struck up a decent relationship which could be absolutely pivotal for us. A fit, happy and on form Thomas will be massive.

Our team is the same group that have us bottom of the league. Yes we won last week but that's one game in a myriad of utter garbage they have produced.

Ayr could easily win this. Just like Morton two weeks ago winning 3-1 when everybody thought we would win. Ayr beat us 3-1 last timeout too.

I don't feel confident at all. I need to see much bigger steps of improvement before I ever feel confident about this Pars team again.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Our team is the same group that have us bottom of the league. Yes we won last week but that's one game in a myriad of utter garbage they have produced.

Ayr could easily win this. Just like Morton two weeks ago winning 3-1 when everybody thought we would win. Ayr beat us 3-1 last timeout too.

I don't feel confident at all. I need to see much bigger steps of improvement before I ever feel confident about this Pars team again.

Put it this way: I'm a lot more confident than what I was in that Morton game. Err caution, for sure, but confidence must be a lot higher in the squad. There is enough quality in there to be better than battling relegation ffs. 

It’s very different to the Morton game, for 2 reasons.

1. We’ve actually won a game now, against a relatively decent team as well.

2. We have a new manager. Shields/Whittaker didn’t and weren’t really going to change too much in the week after Grant left.

To be fair, you could potentially argue a 3rd point that Morton are a bogey team for us, whereas we have a decent head to head record v Ayr. But I wouldn’t read too much into those kind of things.

I’m not saying we’ll definitely win, but I’m looking forward to this and it’s the first time I really believe that we might win a league match this season. We can’t dwell too much on what happened when this team was managed by someone who came in and adopted a formation that alienated the player he made captain, who was then used as a scapegoat because he wasn’t comfortable in a totally new position. Anyone who understands football would know that Dom would not be suited to a central midfield role. Grant’s management of that alone showed how out of his depth he was. Grant also had that stupid 3-4-3/3-5-2 system, where he instructed wing backs to charge forward as soon as we got the ball, but didn’t ever (in the 10 games we used that system) work out that someone needs to cover that gap when we lose the ball. You can’t put the blame for results/performances when we used that stupid system on the players - or the tactical naivety, when they were clearly following the manager’s instructions.

What I would say, is if Yogi at Dunfermline is anything like Yogi at Livi or Raith, we’re in big trouble. But he did well at Ross County and Inverness. I think he’s the type of guy that learns from mistakes. For me, the new manager has to start with a clean slate and we just need to trust him.

Going to be up in Edinburgh this weekend, so for some reason I've decided to head along to this. Nothing like watching Ayr to bring me back down from the euphoria of watching Scotland.

We will almost definitely lose, although Dunfermline are also shite, surely they've got to be better than last week's Ayr side. If we play anything like that again it could easily be 4/5.

Despite how shite this team are, we have occasionally shown an ability to dig in and grind out results in this league. Can only hope after last week's pumping they'll have had a kick up the arse and we'll see a bit of effort and desire, even if there is a real dearth of quality.

I'm not confident. Pars 3-1 Ayr.

It has been a tough run of fixtures where we've played the top five in consecutive games, taking one more point than we did in the first quarter. Clear improvement under Duffy despite missing some key players. 

I don't expect Dunfermline will end up the worst of the bottom-five but predict an away win on Saturday. 

I could not care about this game. That is how scunnered I am by this Ayr team. We are in sixth but fully expect us to head a few places down soon.
Ayr to have 1 half hearted effort on goal all game.
Dumfy 3 Ayr 0

Funny how Pars fans felt exactly the same about the club no less than 3 weeks ago. Despite still sitting bottom of the league and playing a team in 6th, it’s funny to see the attitude of both sets of fans heading into this game, you’d think the roles were reversed.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

Funny how Pars fans felt exactly the same about the club no less than 3 weeks ago. Despite still sitting bottom of the league and playing a team in 6th, it’s funny to see the attitude of both sets of fans heading into this game, you’d think the roles were reversed.

The difference is that Dunfermline have the potential to improve under competent management.  Seems to me you do have some decent players who had chucked it under Grant.   Not the case for Ayr - we’re stuck with the mess Hopkin left behind.

On 15/11/2021 at 09:52, VinnyPar said:

I imagine we will see a very different line up on Saturday once Yogi comes in and evaluates the squad. be massive.

I can’t remember if Yogi is a “why change a winning team” man or not? Not sure anyone really merits coming in to the team based on previous performances.

I’ve not been a massive Kai Kennedy fan but there’s probably a player in there somewhere and hopefully Yogi can bring the best out of him.  

Hopefully today is the Dom T show! 

Edited by Shandon Par

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Losing to Ayr so that they would appoint Duffie was a tactical masterstroke from Grant. 

Likewise Shields ensuring that Gus stayed at Morton. This is chess motherfuckas. 

Also losing at Queens so they would give AJ some protection.

Stacking the deck.