Cove vs Peterhead

Balmoral it is for the NE League 1 derby match. Will be our 3rd encounter in 4 months with both sides chalking up one win each.

Cove coming off of 2 draws to QP and Montrose and are 1 defeat in 8 league games. Peterhead were 4 unbeaten until there 3-1 loss at Airdrie.

Both sides will fancy the 3 points and I suspect it will be fairly tight.

Who knows how we'll line up in midfield but surely we play Blair and if we have any sense we play Scully too.

Probably a banker Rory scores

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Really interesting game for the neutral Dundee fan today.

Josh Mulligan starts for Peterhead. Finlay Robertson on the bench for Cove. Lyall Cameron & Danny Strachan on the bench for Peterhead.

Quite a few former Dee's in both club's match day squads as well in the shape of: Kyle Gourlay, Leighton McIntosh, Ryan Conroy, Derek Lyle & Simon Ferry.

Then there's of course the two former Dee's in the dugout with former manager Paul Hartley & former player Jim McInally.

Question for both fans of both clubs: Any chance Mulligan, Robertson, Cameron or Strachan can make an impact in our team next season? (or even in January?)

Cove starting lineup is per below. Fyvie missed training on Tuesday after picking up a knock and he's out of the squad this week.

For some reason we play 5 defenders. Can only assume Strachan will play alongside Vigurs in the middle. Why Scully doesn't get a start is truly beyond me.

Yule and Masson on the wingers with Logan and Milne behind them should give us great width and supply to our top two.

Fairly strong starting lineup for us 

Screenshot_20211113-141058.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Really interesting game for the neutral Dundee fan today.

Josh Mulligan starts for Peterhead. Finlay Robertson on the bench for Cove. Lyall Cameron & Danny Strachan on the bench for Peterhead.

Quite a few former Dee's in both club's match day squads as well in the shape of: Kyle Gourlay, Leighton McIntosh, Ryan Conroy, Derek Lyle & Simon Ferry.

Then there's of course the two former Dee's in the dugout with former manager Paul Hartley & former player Jim McInally.

Question for both fans of both clubs: Any chance Mulligan, Robertson, Cameron or Strachan can make an impact in our team next season? (or even in January?)

There is a strong interest/alliance to Dundee as you rightly say. 

I'd love to say Robertson can excel at Dundee in the Premiership but I don't see it. I think he'd struggle in the championship going by his performances so far and is rightly benched today imo.

For me I'd put him 5th in our CM pecking order; Fyvie, Scully, Yule, Vigurs, Finn. 

Lyall Cameron always impresses me and although Josh Mulligan looked out of his depth for us he's been impressive at Peterhead this season.

There was a time earlier in the league it looked like any team could beat each other, the wheat is now beginning to be separated from the chaff. Airdrie, Queens Park, & Cove have looked a class above. Falkirk, Montrose & Alloa in the middle order could go either way. Afraid the also rans include ourselves, Clyde, Dumbarton & east Fife. On todays evidence there is a big gap between the better teams and the rest.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Heard on the grapevine that there's a good chance of Mulligan being recalled in January. 😉

6 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Ffs, thought the Seaside Tuechters would have done better than this. 
Was there a big crowd the day? Considering it was a derby -ish game?

we didnae get many Cove fans at the Mo last week, which was a bit surprising!

The crowd was announced as 925.

13 hours ago, peternapper said:

There was a time earlier in the league it looked like any team could beat each other, the wheat is now beginning to be separated from the chaff. Airdrie, Queens Park, & Cove have looked a class above. Falkirk, Montrose & Alloa in the middle order could go either way. Afraid the also rans include ourselves, Clyde, Dumbarton & east Fife. On todays evidence there is a big gap between the better teams and the rest.

That is an honest assumption on where we are and will be for the rest of the season. A four way dog fight between ourselves, Dumbarton, Clyde and East Fife for League One survival. We seem to go one step forward and two backward and the loss of 6 goals in our last two games shows that our defensive frailties have not been rectified.

9 hours ago, mo83 said:

Good to see Rusty is banging them for Peterhead...🤥🤥🤥

Mo Salah would struggle in this Peterhead team tbh.  Not that I am absolving Rusty from some culpability as you usually need to stay on your feet to score and far too often he ends up chewing grass after a challenge.

20 hours ago, mo83 said:

Good to see Rusty is banging them for Peterhead...🤥🤥🤥

I'm getting the impression he wasnt a team player at the Mo. Despite being a dud when he first appeared, he fairly improved and was getting the goals, then was released.

Not sure if this had anything to do with Sean's sending off when we played Peterhead?