Serious question about the Ibrox based entity

3 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The existential threat would have been at least reduced if not eliminated by the government stepping in and offering emergency financial assistance

They did, didn't they? Just didn't make any special provision for football clubs. 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did, didn't they? Just didn't make any special provision for football clubs. 

I’m fairly sure I remember a thread about it a while back

It was soft long term low interest loans for the top flight and grants for the rest.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me

I have been wrong on the internet before

ETA: turns out I wasn’t imagining it

https://www.gov.scot/news/emergency-funding-for-sport/

https://www.gov.scot/news/emergency-funding-for-football/

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’m fairly sure I remember a thread about it a while back

It was soft long term low interest loans for the top flight and grants for the rest.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me

I’ve been wrong on the internet before

That's right they did. And furlough, which would help with back office staff. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

For the smaller clubs in the lower divisions the furlough would have covered most of the players wages as well

Aye you are right, I forgot about the loans etc and you are correct about furlough too............serves me right for posting in the middle of the night when I couldnt get back to sleep............

Aye you are right, I forgot about the loans etc and you are correct about furlough too............serves me right for posting in the middle of the night when I couldnt get back to sleep............

Everyone will still have lost money it’s just that the government loans mean that the effects of those losses are diluted over years to come and don’t represent a sudden and potentially disastrous cash flow crisis

However while bigger clubs got bigger loans they would be smaller relative to turnover

£1.8m will have gone a lot further at Livingston than £2.9m at Hibs which in turn will have gone further that £3.2m at Ibrox