Serious question about the Ibrox based entity

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have to remember with Rangers is that it's only a meaningless expendable operating company that's running up those multi-million pound debts, not the immortal metaphysical club that sits securely in its protective bubble in perpetuity.

Even if those running the new operating company fail to heed the mistakes of the old original operating company and insolvency ensues, the football authorities will simply allow another debt-free off-the-shelf operating company to run Third Rangers without penalty, in the top division, for the good of Scottish football and its broadcasting and other commercial contracts.

We can all rest assured that Rangers can speculate to accumulate into the billions of pounds if need be, while the rest of us mere mortals must stick rigidly to the rules and regulations - and reality.  

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

It’s every club in Scotland they are cheating. 
Consider yourself marked down for gatekeeping.

* checks title and first post for mention of 'every club' *

Yeah, not seeing it champ. This sort of thread is exactly why there is a specific OF section.

As for gatekeeping, what am I gatekeeping? Your carer from getting you some sensible medication?

2 hours ago, Orbix said:

Rangers have got a 1st team squad to revenue ratio of 50%, total staff to revenue of 70% in non-COVID affected years, why would you want them punished for fiscal responsibility?

I don't, but apparently filling ibrox with molten lead would be illegal. 

4 hours ago, Kyle Reese said:

The alternative, of your club winning everything each year, is no more palatable for most other supporters. The idea that supporters of the other ten clubs are somehow going to feel sympathy for Celtic is pretty naive. You couldn’t give a toss about Sevco cheating anyone out of anything. You are just worried that they’ll pocket the potential £60m and pull away from Celtic. c***s aren’t stupid. 😄

I think this poster is just a 2nd account of one of the prominent Celtic posters and is on the wind up tbh.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

Dictating that football clubs must make a profit in order to justify their continued participation in sporting events is just about the most capitalist argument I’ve ever heard someone make, congratulations.

Except that’s not his point.He’s asking why Rangers could go bust, and therefore their creditors are bumped, then be allowed to re open as a new club and be able to run on huge losses year after year?

If for example you or I declare ourselves bankrupt, we are able to write off debts, but it’s stricter in the future for us to obtain loans, credit, mortgages etc.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Except that’s not his point.He’s asking why Rangers could go bust, and therefore their creditors are bumped, then be allowed to re open as a new club and be able to run on huge losses year after year?

If for example you or I declare ourselves bankrupt, we are able to write off debts, but it’s stricter in the future for us to obtain loans, credit, mortgages etc.

I think because it’s “soft loans” from their owners, there’s not a lot anyone can do or say about it. If a publicly owned bank was doing this (like last time with BoS/Masterton/Murray), then that would be appalling.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In terms of losses to income I doubt they're even the worst team in Scotland for it.

Funnily enough i just checked tbe Dons accounts (saturday night, wooo!) and we made losses of about £8m over the last two years reported.  That's around half of turnover, way worse than Rangers. 

Davie is definitely making a move for the banter crown. 

Edited by coprolite
No it's not you fucking moron. It's out of 2 years turnover not one. Thick c**t

11 hours ago, big al said:

Its not really any different for the new version of Rangers after the old company ceased.

It has been more complex for them to obtain the necessary credit - their sources of operating finance seem anything but mainstream but if those directors and finance houses are willing to loan or give them the money (on whatever terms are agreed), its up to them.

There must be very few professional football clubs in Scotland that make money, and even those that profess to be "tight ships" will have struggled with limited / no ticket sales due to Covid...................and yet, despite what was said by our then CEO about the existential threat a year or so back, they are all still operating and continue to finance the business in different ways.

Its not really any different for the new version of Rangers after the old company ceased.
It has been more complex for them to obtain the necessary credit - their sources of operating finance seem anything but mainstream but if those directors and finance houses are willing to loan or give them the money (on whatever terms are agreed), its up to them.
There must be very few professional football clubs in Scotland that make money, and even those that profess to be "tight ships" will have struggled with limited / no ticket sales due to Covid...................and yet, despite what was said by our then CEO about the existential threat a year or so back, they are all still operating and continue to finance the business in different ways.

The existential threat would have been at least reduced if not eliminated by the government stepping in and offering emergency financial assistance