Serious question about the Ibrox based entity

Why are they being allowed to continue playing in the Scottish leagues? 

£100m of losses in their 9 year existence is beyond the pale. It’s against any spirit of financial fair play certainly but surely a club trading in such a way must be breaking some SFA or league rules? 

and this after they were handed a licence after oldco’s insolvency. 

How is it that this state of affairs is accepted?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

£100m of losses in their 9 year existence is beyond the pale. It’s against any spirit of financial fair play certainly but surely a club trading in such a way must be breaking some SFA or league rules? 

Not all losses count for FFP rules and you're allowed to average about 10m Euros a season, (previously 15m) if the losses are underwritten. 

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not all losses count for FFP rules and you're allowed to average about 10m Euros a season, (previously 15m) if the losses are underwritten. 

So are they allowed to just keep losing money forever until they go bust again under league and association rules?

9 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

So are they allowed to just keep losing money forever until they go bust again under league and association rules?

Yep. 

New rules coming in (don't know of definite) tie player salaries to turnover and don't even try to limit losses. The penalties payable could even increase losses. 

Don't you want them to go bust again? 

Just now, coprolite said:

Yep. 

New rules coming in (don't know of definite) tie player salaries to turnover and don't even try to limit losses. The penalties payable could even increase losses. 

I certainly do. But to accelerate this I want them kicked out of the league. Today.

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Yep. 

Rangers have got a 1st team squad to revenue ratio of 50%, total staff to revenue of 70% in non-COVID affected years, why would you want them punished for fiscal responsibility?

3 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

I certainly do. But to accelerate this I want them kicked out of the league. Today.

Thats all very well, but would require the rules, and history,  to be rewritten.

I am not a fan of how they go about their business, but until they actually breach a rule which all clubs have accepted, you cant go around pissing in your pants about their "overspend".

1 hour ago, Thorongil said:

As long as someone is covering the losses, it’s within the rules, I suppose. Win the league this season and they suddenly have at least £30m in their sky rocket, probably riding to £60m when second place doesn’t get through the CL qualifiers. High stakes. My preference would be for neither OF side pocketing that sort of cash. If Hearts were to somehow find miraculous form and pinch it (highly improbable - know), it would change Scottish Football for most of our lifetimes.

Edited by Kyle Reese

36 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Yep. 

Penalty to Rangers?

2 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

It’s every club in Scotland they are cheating. 
Consider yourself marked down for gatekeeping.

The alternative, of your club winning everything each year, is no more palatable for most other supporters. The idea that supporters of the other ten clubs are somehow going to feel sympathy for Celtic is pretty naive. You couldn’t give a toss about Sevco cheating anyone out of anything. You are just worried that they’ll pocket the potential £60m and pull away from Celtic. c***s aren’t stupid. 😄

44 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Rangers have got a 1st team squad to revenue ratio of 50%, total staff to revenue of 70% in non-COVID affected years, why would you want them punished for fiscal responsibility?

Genuine question. If this is true, then what is responsible for the tens of millions in losses?

7 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

The alternative, of your club winning everything each year, is no more palatable for most other supporters. The idea that supporters of the other ten clubs are somehow going to feel sympathy for Celtic is pretty naive. You couldn’t give a toss about Sevco cheating anyone out of anything. You are just worried that they’ll pocket the potential £60m and pull away from Celtic. c***s aren’t stupid. 😄

I’m not that parochial. I don’t really care who wins what in Scotland anymore. It’s pointless whether Celtic or Sevco win trophies.