Season 4: Episode 7

Hullo! It's time for a massive double header as Scotland play a crucial World Cup Qualifier followed by A View From The Terrace returning to your screens for another week. Watch the show at 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland Channel, catch-up later on BBC iPlayer and feel free to tell us what you think on here.

Tonight’s show looks a bit like this:

This Is The News
  • The headlines never stop rolling. There's always something going down. We take on the biggest stories making waves around the world of Scottish football.

Fives
  • We've got the pick of Scottish football but who should we select for our team of fives? Who were the best players from the weekend? Who was truly box office? The gang put their heads together to build an unstoppable side.

Social Media - Search History
  • We take a look back at the best social media has had to offer our nation when talking about the national game. Players, clubs and fans are all getting in on the action.

Show Us Your Medals - David Martindale
  • Joining us in the studio is current top-flight manager David Martindale. The Livi gaffer chats to the team about his journey in football, life as a manager in the top divison, signing Lyndon Dykes and we put some of your questions to him.

A Great Big Weekend
  • There's a lot to play for this weekend but who will be left with a beamer on their face when the 90-minute whistle is blown. Who is looking forward to a cracking big weekend?

The Banker
  • Shaughan, Rob and Graeme take on Craig G Telfer with their weekend predictions as the competition for the Lone Wolf Trophy picks up.

In the 'Wee Films', we pay a visit to Livingston to hear about their academy, why they reinstated it and their hopes to unearth stars of the future by giving youth a chance. We also head along to Beith Juniors to tell the story of club legend Kenny McLean, the most successful striker in the side's history. In our Last Minute Winner Rianne Downey plays us out with a cover of 'Freed From Desire.'

So, who would you pick to fill your fives team, what's your take on the week's biggest stories and who should be expecting a great big weekend?

Catch you later!

SC105469.jpg

Looking forward to David Martindale being on. I was on the same MSc course as him in Construction Project Management in 2004 but I don’t recall him. I was only day release on the course so maybe that’s why. Him getting jailed could also be a factor. Anyway, I was curious to see he was a football manager after being on that course. My fellow students at the time were mainly from overseas (my pals were Nigerian and Syrian) and I wonder what he made of the course. He has an interesting story of how he got from there to football management. Can’t be many people who have went from prison to construction to  elite football management.

Edited by Scary Bear

The fact that Martindale spent time in prison is referenced in just about every media piece about him, but i've never heard him talk so openly and go into actual detail about that time, and i'm not sure a conventional interview would get that out of him. Great stuff all round there. 

Edited by Fratelli

10 hours ago, Fratelli said:

The fact that Martindale spent time in prison is referenced in just about every media piece about him, but i've never heard him talk so openly and go into actual detail about that time, and i'm not sure a conventional interview would get that out of him. Great stuff all round there. 

Si Ferry would’ve got more out of him…