Albion Rovers v The Binos

Probably the best atmosphere at Cliftonhill this season albeit wasn’t a heck of a lot of quality on show . A battling performance from Rovers that I hope stands us in good stead- Stirling did improve in the 2nd half and at the red card would happily have accepted a point at that time. Fair play to the Stirling fans for not bitching about the pitch - it was really heavy yesterday and slightly concerning that there wasn’t that much rain during the week. From the outside looking in the Stirling fans seem to give the manager a hard time on here even when on a 8 game unbeaten run (which is the fans right of course) . He always comes across well in the interviews maybe too well - I don’t know.The harsh reality of League Two is apart from Kelty there are very fine margins in this league. 

I wasnt at the game so cant comment on the play. I want my team to win every game but recognise its never going to happen. A couple of defeats is neither here or there, its the general inability to compete at this level.

I recall being told the ambition of the Club was to be the best part time team in Scottish Football but IMO the Club has not progressed one bit in the past 5 years or more.

Is it because the fans own the Club thats holding us back?. No. The direction of football is fan ownership, look at Hearts, St Mirren and Motherwell. Clyde are fan owned and I know they have bigger overheads than the Albion. Yes they are struggling but they have ambition.

The Binos should be at least 1st Division, so whats holding us back? I dont have the answers and Im not close enough to know.

Answers on a postcard as they say.