Elgin City Vs Cowdenbeath

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

We are an utter shambles. 

These players are letting the club down very badly. 

Trapdoor looms 6 points adrift. 

I just hope the new manager is just not another good talker but actually do what he says he is set outside to do. 

Two defeats not exactly a positive start. 

However he isn't a miracle worker though and requires these players to fight tooth and nail for the football club. 

I'm also very concerned about todays stats of shots against us. Luckily only one nil. 

If we can't defeat second bottom who can we defeat? We can't even beat Lowland League opposition i. E strollers. 

We are currently the laughing stock of Scottish football that's what I would be saying to the players and do they want to be known for being club 42 or actually go out on the pitch and show a winning mentality week in week out if not there's the door and we will give players a chance who will fight for this football club where anything less then a win is a defeat.

Harsh but we are 6 points adrift staring another survival SPFL playoff

Ross has been here for two games can’t judge the manager.

His hands are tied until the January window.

Even Jesus had some loafs and fish when he was working miracles.

For all the talk of us having a good squad I would say we don’t really.

We got lucky that Brechin were a shambles last season.

Total control from Elgin playing a 3-5-2 formation. 6 -0 would have been a fair score but very poor finishing and some great goalkeeping kept the score down. Good to see Elgin passing the ball with purpose rather than the passive passing of the last two months. Hopefully this will give the team confidence to climb the table 

1 minute ago, cowdenbeath said:

Agreed fed up hearing the constant chat that we have a good team if that were the case we wouldn't be cast adrift 6 points at the foot of the SPFL.

If we do survive the squad needs a complete overhaul in the pre season. 

We lack strong leadership, quality, drive,winning mentality ambition and determination. 

3 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Agreed fed up hearing the constant chat that we have a good team if that were the case we wouldn't be cast adrift 6 points at the foot of the SPFL.

We lack strong leadership, quality, drive,winning mentality ambition and determination. 

Its a side which finished 2nd bottom last season with very little added to improve it all the teams above us were better than us last season.

4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Hard to take. Elgin not brilliant, didn't have to be.

Cowden keeper had a great game.The two Rovers lads way out of their depth. 

The way things are we only need to lose a goal and then that's that sort of minds me of Billy Brown's side.

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

I have always been a little perplexed by the majority of the Cowden fans on here believing they have a good squad and that they were underperforming under Bollan. The majority of this squad finished 9th last season so I'm not sure where that feeling is coming from. On paper it's a poor, small squad and I think that's there for all to see in the flesh as well. 

Maurice Ross has some job on his hands. It wouldn't be a miracle to finish 9th but it's going to take a mammoth effort come January as by that time they could be even further off the pace.

5 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I have always been a little perplexed by the majority of the Cowden fans on here believing they have a good squad and that they were underperforming under Bollan. The majority of this squad finished 9th last season so I'm not sure where that feeling is coming from. On paper it's a poor, small squad and I think that's there for all to see in the flesh as well. 

Maurice Ross has some job on his hands. It wouldn't be a miracle to finish 9th but it's going to take a mammoth effort come January as by that time they could be even further off the pace.

Got to agree with all that.

Losing Craig Barr so early didn’t help. Nil attacking threat and every time Elgin got a corner or a free kick near our goal it looked like they could score.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, we have no one who can replace Renton.

Much needed win today and pretty comfortable with decent performances all round. Hard to believe the result was still in the balance right until the end as the second half was about as one sided as I’ve seen in a long time. Got to worry for Cowdenbeath on the basis of that performance. We have really struggled so far this season but if we had taken even a third of the clear chances today then it would have been an absolute pumping. Given our league position any points gained against the other teams at the bottom are huge so a very important 3 points and something positive to build on.

2 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:
21 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:
Glad Cammy bounced back from the goal he lost last week.

Thought he did really well. We need a striker ASAP as it seems Liam buchanan is more interested in arguing with the ref.

Gill made some really good saves. Noticed this more and more from Liam, he has the quality to let his goals do the talking.

Ross has a huge job on his hands but like others have said, he can only work with the small squad he has. We all knew it was a disaster when Bolan resigned a group of players that finished second bottom. Looking at the bench today, there was no goal threat to bring on.

Would still like to see Swann play further up the park but need to sign a left back.

Gill made some really good saves. Noticed this more and more from Liam, he has the quality to let his goals do the talking.
Ross has a huge job on his hands but like others have said, he can only work with the small squad he has. We all knew it was a disaster when Bolan resigned a group of players that finished second bottom. Looking at the bench today, there was no goal threat to bring on.
Would still like to see Swann play further up the park but need to sign a left back.

Anyone know why Thomson was taken off? He’s been our best player recently.

1-0 Elgin but for some great goalkeeping and poor finishing, it could have been a lot more.

Mango going off early was a blow but playing Harvey as a centre back was a strange move for me - taking away an attacking threat. It would have made more sense to move Thomson to centre back and play Mullen at right wing back.

We have nothing going forward. Renton could be out for a while so we need to find some funds to bring in an attacker from somewhere. Buchs is totally isolated.

Edited by The_Pit_Owns

52 minutes ago, sailorcowden said:
1 hour ago, cowdenbeath said:

Thought he did really well. We need a striker ASAP as it seems Liam buchanan is more interested in arguing with the ref.

Keeper had a really good game. Most saves were decent that you would hope your keeper to make but there was one from a header from a wide free kick that was quite superb. I thought Buchanan looked pretty decent finding pockets of space in the final third but he just seemed to be seeking injustice at every decision and the ref just seemed pissed off with him second half.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Jesus had loafs and fish and Ross just has loafers and pish...

10 hours ago, sailorcowden said:
10 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

I would maybe put it down to frustration on Liam's part.