Sons v Bairns.

5 hours ago, printer said:

I wonder what's enabled that change? Maybe Sheerin has recruited and is playing a talented, solid, disciplined defensive midfielder who provides good defensive cover and links the defense to your attacking midfielders (while subduing his attacking qualities), allowing them to create without worrying overly about the defensive side of the game.

Nope we still have the slow one who doesn't tackle, pass forward, poor control, gives away possession and chases players half a yard behind..

One can hope he is improving but one game against a poor Dumbarton doesn't hide the previous

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

1)Well, show me the last time I pulled Shadwell up for anything, must be a while? Would certainly make a massive difference if he said something positive sometimes though and you may notice that I either make a positive comment or 2)give him a greenie any time that he does. (Which isn't very often)

3)When did I say that I thought that we'd turned things around?

1) I don't collate all your posts pertaining to Shadwell so I couldn't tell you the last time that you pulled him up. What did stick in my mind is that you have definitely used the phrase "not you like you to put a dampener on things" a few times before, yes?

2) Again, I don't look at other peoples posts to see who have given them greenies or reddies so I couldn't argue with you there.

3) My bad, a poor choice of words and grammar on my part. What I was trying to say was that in the main you would appear to be more positive about the club and team than I am at the moment and so if we were to get the 7 points out of 9 then I would have to accept that we had turned things around and that I would then have a much more positive disposition towards Sheerin and the team.

Apologies for the confusion.

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

1) I don't collate all your posts pertaining to Shadwell so I couldn't tell you the last time that you pulled him up. What did stick in my mind is that you have definitely used the phrase "not you like you to put a dampener on things" a few times before, yes?

2) Again, I don't look at other peoples posts to see who have given them greenies or reddies so I couldn't argue with you there.

3) My bad, a poor choice of words and grammar on my part. What I was trying to say was that in the main you would appear to be more positive about the club and team than I am at the moment and so if we were to get the 7 points out of 9 then I would have to accept that we had turned things around and that I would then have a much more positive disposition towards Sheerin and the team.

Apologies for the confusion.

No worries.

TBH I don't think I've ever used the dampener line before so you may be thinking of someone else?

Shadwell can definitely get on my tits though with his constant negativity. In no way am I saying that we were brilliant but Saturday's performance was at worst 'good' so it would have been nice if he'd acknowledged that but, of course, his default position was the 'Dumbarton are shite', we've played nobody yet' type of narrative. He'll never be satisfied, that's for certain!

I probably am a bit more positive than most about the team and I don't really know why because the ironic thing is that I'm definitely a 'glass half empty type' in life. For example, just yesterday I discovered that the shower had been leaking and that some of the boards beneath are rotten. Now, that probably means that they just need replaced and the shower properly sealed but I've penciled in a week on Thursday to have the house demolished and rebuilt!! :unsure2:

39 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No worries.

TBH I don't think I've ever used the dampener line before so you may be thinking of someone else?

Shadwell can definitely get on my tits though with his constant negativity. In no way am I saying that we were brilliant but Saturday's performance was at worst 'good' so it would have been nice if he'd acknowledged that but, of course, his default position was the 'Dumbarton are shite', we've played nobody yet' type of narrative. He'll never be satisfied, that's for certain!

I probably am a bit more positive than most about the team and I don't really know why because the ironic thing is that I'm definitely a 'glass half empty type' in life. For example, just yesterday I discovered that the shower had been leaking and that some of the boards beneath are rotten. Now, that probably means that they just need replaced and the shower properly sealed but I've penciled in a week on Thursday to have the house demolished and rebuilt!! :unsure2:

I’m also relatively positive compared to what I was at start of season, down to 3 things I think.

1) Ruth isn’t hopeless. Don’t think he’s a world beater but he’s now scored a couple of really decent goals for us and his display v Dumbarton was genuinely decent/good. 

2) In Grainger we have at least 1 very competent coach, from what I’m hearing. Compared to M and M, we had none. 

3) Last year, Partick were truly hopeless til about 17 games into the season. There is no formula to win this league imo. I’m absolutely not saying I expect us to dominate like they did, but even a mild upturn in form/performance (I think we may have bottomed out already with those shockers v dumbarton, airdrie etc) would see us challenging in playoff positions. 

38 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

No worries.

We have one win in 7 matches  against top 6 sides this season so surely you can see where I'm coming from in not getting my hopes up just yet. It was a decent performance and result against a side who are struggling but it won't mean much at all if we can't beat Montrose just like we couldn't beat alloa after beating  Clyde. We've had numerous false dawn's since we got relegated so no point in getting carried away until we start beating the better sides on a regular basis.

Wasn't at the game on Saturday and only just had a chance to properly look at the highlights.

We played well, were probably unlucky not to score another couple of goals to be honest.

Certainly seems to be an improvement in performances (and hence form) since the AGM.

However, as others have said, we've played poor teams. If we can replicate the performances and results against the better teams in the league then perhaps it shows Sheerin is capable of improving as a manager.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We have one win in 7 matches  against top 6 sides this season so surely you can see where I'm coming from in not getting my hopes up just yet. It was a decent performance and result against a side who are struggling but it won't mean much at all if we can't beat Montrose just like we couldn't beat alloa after beating  Clyde. We've had numerous false dawn's since we got relegated so no point in getting carried away until we start beating the better sides on a regular basis.

I know exactly where you're coming from regarding the performance of the team this season. I'm certainly not trumping Saturday's performance and result as a new dawn because, you're right, it'll mean nothing if we can't build on it. I'm talking about your constant negativity. No matter the situation you will always look for the negative (which there are in all situations). It would be nice if just once in a wee while you could put a positive spin on things.

7 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I’m also relatively positive compared to what I was at start of season, down to 3 things I think.

1) Ruth isn’t hopeless. Don’t think he’s a world beater but he’s now scored a couple of really decent goals for us and his display v Dumbarton was genuinely decent/good. 

2) In Grainger we have at least 1 very competent coach, from what I’m hearing. Compared to M and M, we had none. 

3) Last year, Partick were truly hopeless til about 17 games into the season. There is no formula to win this league imo. I’m absolutely not saying I expect us to dominate like they did, but even a mild upturn in form/performance (I think we may have bottomed out already with those shockers v dumbarton, airdrie etc) would see us challenging in playoff positions. 

With  Morrison and Williamson back we should, in theory, be better however, I believe Williamson's scheduled to pick up an injury in the 2nd half against Montrose!

4 hours ago, Gaz said:

Wasn't at the game on Saturday and only just had a chance to properly look at the highlights.

We played well, were probably unlucky not to score another couple of goals to be honest.

Certainly seems to be an improvement in performances (and hence form) since the AGM.

However, as others have said, we've played poor teams. If we can replicate the performances and results against the better teams in the league then perhaps it shows Sheerin is capable of improving as a manager.

Steady!

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

AGM isn't till December.🤔

51 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I know exactly where you're coming from regarding the performance of the team this season. I'm certainly not trumping Saturday's performance and result as a new dawn because, you're right, it'll mean nothing if we can't build on it. I'm talking about your constant negativity. No matter the situation you will always look for the negative (which there are in all situations). It would be nice if just once in a wee while you could put a positive spin on things.

If we play well and win on Saturday I wont have anything to be negative about . I'd love to be on here on Saturday raving about our great football having pumped Montrose. 

If we play well and win on Saturday I wont have anything to be negative about . I'd love to be on here on Saturday raving about our great football having pumped Montrose. 

Since we descended into this mire I have always though Montrose were a good footballing team in this league. A win on Saturday would be a big result. Can we have Schmeichel back?