Sons v Bairns.

55 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

A moan you say, all that was asked was to stop the singing, all grown up stuff like f**k the queen and f**k the pope. At least it wasn't sectarian. They are in a private club enjoying the same privileges as the members. A wee bit of curtesy isn't a lot to ask. I'll also add 90% of the Falkirk support did respect the place and we thank you guys for that. A special mention goes to the 3 or 4 young guys that sat with a few of our seniors and blethered away for good hour or so. Respect guys emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Curtesy?

Do you mean courtesy or curtsey? That's one strict bowling club.

Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy - TV Tropes

4 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not like you to put a dampener on things Shadwell. 

C'mon Shagger, you're becoming as repetitive and predictable as HopeStreetWalker on here:

"Shadwell said something "negative", I'd better pull him up for it".

Give it a rest man.

We beat an absolutely shite Dumbarton side on Saturday but one swallow does not a summer make. We have a much harder run of games against Montrose, Queen's Park and Cove Rangers coming up, if we get 7 points out of 9 from those I'll join you in thinking we just might have turned things around. If not, I'll stay in the same place of realistic pessimism that Shadwell is coming from.

Pass marks for all, only criticism was the sitter of a header Ruth failed to hit the target with but that's expected at least once a week. Ramsbottom had a great game and really kept Dumbarton in it. First time in a while I've enjoyed the whole game. Aye Dumbarton are shite but it was nice to have a comfortable Saturday for once so will take it. 

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Not like you to put a dampener on things Shadwell. 

No dampener just being sensible. We pumped Clyde then were pretty poor against alloa.  Since we came down we've struggled against the  half decent sides on numerous occasions. Montrose game will again be a tough test. We can't keep failing when it comes to these games if we want to do something this season. Hopefully a good win and things really are then looking up.

17 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Well done Falkirk on taking your chances, Ramsbottom had a great game in the sticks for us for a change.

Farrell has totally lost the plot with team selection, Pignatiello is not a right back, the younger guys, Wilson, Duthie, Stokes etc who played so well on that 5 game unbeaten run now sitting on the bench in favour of old duds.

Get a grip Farrell 

Pignatiello isn't a right back at all but he's the best right back at the club. Says alot about our squad to be honest.

9 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We beat an absolutely shite Dumbarton side on Saturday but one swallow does not a summer make. We have a much harder run of games against Montrose, Queen's Park and Cove Rangers coming up, if we get 7 points out of 9 from those I'll join you in thinking we just might have turned things around. If not, I'll stay in the same place of realistic pessimism that Shadwell is coming from.

Pretty much this. A win and decent performance against a poor Dumbarton side. The games against Montrose, Queens Park and Cove will be a sterner test. 

13 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Telfer even got caught offside a couple of times; I'd much rather see him doing that than collecting the ball from the goalie at the edge of our box!

I wonder what's enabled that change? Maybe Sheerin has recruited and is playing a talented, solid, disciplined defensive midfielder who provides good defensive cover and links the defense to your attacking midfielders (while subduing his attacking qualities), allowing them to create without worrying overly about the defensive side of the game.

12 minutes ago, printer said:

I wonder what's enabled that change? Maybe Sheerin has recruited and is playing a talented, solid, disciplined defensive midfielder who provides good defensive cover and links the defense to your attacking midfielders (while subduing his attacking qualities), allowing them to create without worrying overly about the defensive side of the game.

Is your point somehow that Hetherington HASN'T been utter dug meat all season, including his worst performance by far on your very own patch for you to view with your very own eyes?

Edited by Bairnardo

32 minutes ago, printer said:

Disciplined?? Are you having a laugh he gets booked far too often for stupid things. Wouldn't be so bad if it was crunching tackles but it's silly fouls that aren't needed. We've had players in that role like Scott Mackenzie, arnau riera, mark kerr, will vaulks who are a country mile ahead of him as players . He's a very limited player unfortunately.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

13 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

C'mon Shagger, you're becoming as repetitive and predictable as HopeStreetWalker on here:

"Shadwell said something "negative", I'd better pull him up for it".

Give it a rest man.

Well, show me the last time I pulled Shadwell up for anything, must be a while? Would certainly make a massive difference if he said something positive sometimes though and you may notice that I either make a positive comment or give him a greenie any time that he does. (Which isn't very often)

When did I say that I thought that we'd turned things around?

3 hours ago, printer said:

I thought that was Hetherington's best performance for us so far, he even put through a couple of very good passes, one of which can be seen on the highlights. To date though he hasn't been giving us the performances that would enable Telfer to get further forward which is why we've been calling for an untried Krasniqi to get in instead. 

Hopefully he may have turned a corner and we'll see some better stuff from him however, he must be due a suspension fairly soon as he seems to get booked every other game. I'm unsure if his original yellow card against Airdrie still stands or if that was spent when he served the suspension for the second yellow and therefore red in the same game? 

Well, show me the last time I pulled Shadwell up for anything, must be a while? Would certainly make a massive difference if he said something positive sometimes though and you may notice that I either make a positive comment or give him a greenie any time that he does. (Which isn't very often)
When did I say that I thought that we'd turned things around?

Tbf we’ve been absolutely dugmeat the last few months. Absolutely nothing about us to be positive about.

I thought that was Hetherington's best performance for us so far, he even put through a couple of very good passes, one of which can be seen on the highlights. To date though he hasn't been giving us the performances that would enable Telfer to get further forward which is why we've been calling for an untried Krasniqi to get in instead. 
Hopefully he may have turned a corner and we'll see some better stuff from him however, he must be due a suspension fairly soon as he seems to get booked every other game. I'm unsure if his original yellow card against Airdrie still stands or if that was spent when he served the suspension for the second yellow and therefore red in the same game? 

His pass through to Morrison on the right was a brilliant pass, genuinely didn’t think he had that in his locker. One of the very few times he’s actually completed a forward pass this season but was good to see.

With Krasniqi I thought he looked excellent in his cameo. The big man’s just got something about him, was very good to see him with the ball in the corner just swatting away jobbers left and right until he got fouled.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

His pass through to Morrison on the right was a brilliant pass, genuinely didn’t think he had that in his locker. One of the very few times he’s actually completed a forward pass this season but was good to see.

With Krasniqi I thought he looked excellent in his cameo. The big man’s just got something about him, was very good to see him with the ball in the corner just swatting away jobbers left and right until he got fouled.

Krasniqi needs to keep playing solely so I can keep singing Viva Ernaldo Viva Ernaldo Viva Ernaldo.

Young team in fine form yesterday 

Krasniqi needs to keep playing solely so I can keep singing Viva Ernaldo Viva Ernaldo Viva Ernaldo.
Young team in fine form yesterday 

Aye fair play to them kept singing all throughout the game and created some really good atmosphere.

The Yogi chants however were absolutely needless and need to get to f**k. All for giving him stick for taking the job btw but they sorts of comments are not funny and are fucking horrible.

2 hours ago, Russ said:

I think Hetherington will be suspended soon which should allow us to have a better look at Krasniqi, however, with Williamson available I think it more likely that Sheerin will play Miller in the middle because he's a big fearty!