Sons v Bairns.

Guest Back Post Misses

Should have won by more. Dumbarton poor but credit to us for dominating things. 
Best for me were Telfer, Nesbitt and I thought McGuffie looked decent too. 
Now we have to start beating the better sides. Harder run of games coming up now. 

Falkirk fans singing it was easy at the end were reasonably accurate. 
we struggled badly with shape in first half and appeared to giveup after the third.

For fdlkirk I thought Ruth up front was good.held ball up well

don’t understand why we took only guy I was giving pass marks too off after an hour.

Edited by cedrick1

16 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Keena was hopeless yet again today when he came on, whilst Ruth looks what he is, a young player with potential.
I actually also thought McDaid had a really good first half.
Promise I wasn’t smoking anything I shouldn’t emoji3.png

He’s no world beater but 4 In 9 for Ruth plus and assist today.

Hopefully he can go on a run now with Morrison back.

Easily our best performance in the league since August. Could and probably should have scored 6 or 7

McDaid had a really good first half. Hall, Hetherington, Miller, McGuffie and Ruth who have all deservedly had criticism over the last couple of months put in a good shift today.

A nice mixture of short and direct passing, with Nesbitt and Telfer running the show

Definitely helped by a poor Dumbarton side though, both through bad play generally and terrible defending for the goals.

Add Williamson and Morrison in to that team and we may yet have a decent season.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

At least we are now back to beating the shite teams where a few weeks back we were struggling even against them. Another big test next week though. No point in pumping Dumbarton and Clyde if we can't get results against Alloa and Montrose.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Outplayed by Falkirk today with their passing and running off the ball, no complaints about the result.  However, 1st goal came about after a push on Cm playing CB and then a free shot at goal, 2nd pretty crudely from a corner and the 3rd after our CM playing CB tries to play his way out of defending a pretty standard long ball.  I thought Falkirk were the best team I've seen this year in terms of passing sequences and pulling players/defences out of shape, but we contributed hugely to that scoreline

Edited by sonsanorak
Finger slip

Hearing someone say we undone them with running off the ball is pleasing. Considering the hone game against Dumbarton they effortlessly dealt with us playing the whole game in front of them....

They might be dugmeat but they exposed everything that is wrong with us last time. Perhaps Sheerin is starting to learn.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

At least we are now back to beating the shite teams where a few weeks back we were struggling even against them. Another big test next week though. No point in pumping Dumbarton and Clyde if we can't get results against Alloa and Montrose.

Not like you to put a dampener on things Shadwell. 

I thought we played some excellent football at times today. Particularly liked the wee corner routine in the 1st half that set up McCann for his shot, pity we didn't score from that!

The team were very determined and up for it right from the start, there were really no failures. Even McDaid was busting a gut to do well although he's one of those players who's good on the ball but doesn't really manage to create very much.

Best for me were Telfer and Nesbitt who were head and shoulders above anyone else on the park. Telfer even got caught offside a couple of times; I'd much rather see him doing that than collecting the ball from the goalie at the edge of our box!

I said on the way back that a game at Dumbarton was McKinnon's defining moment as our manager, here's hoping it's the same for Sheerin, but for different reasons obviously!

Ffs you were playing Dumbarton.As has been mentioned, dugshite,your words not mine.So Sheerin gets  a reprieve.All good now in Grangemouth.?.The thousands,sorry hundreds know better.Wee stab at that title.Aye right.

Ken. We should all be raging tonight, how dare we have the audacity to put in a good performance and win a game of football.

Well spotted m8.

Ffs you were playing Dumbarton.As has been mentioned, dugshite,your words not mine.So Sheerin gets  a reprieve.All good now in Grangemouth.?.The thousands,sorry hundreds know better.Wee stab at that title.Aye right.
Another absolute stoater of a post.

19 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

If you are going to come on here to attempt to rip the pish try a bit harder.

Chronic gibberish.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Troy.1995 said:

Another absolute stoater of a post.

Stoater is a very underrated word but, in this context, it's a belter!

Edited by ShaggerG

Bowling clubs just had a moan about the noise, threatened to kick everyone out and phone the polis... Do they no realise this is the only fun part of the day for us?! 
A moan you say, all that was asked was to stop the singing, all grown up stuff like f**k the queen and f**k the pope. At least it wasn't sectarian. They are in a private club enjoying the same privileges as the members. A wee bit of curtesy isn't a lot to ask. I'll also add 90% of the Falkirk support did respect the place and we thank you guys for that. A special mention goes to the 3 or 4 young guys that sat with a few of our seniors and blethered away for good hour or so. Respect guys [emoji106][emoji106]