Sons v Bairns.

After Hall and Dixon making an arse of the Alloa equaliser last week I expect Brad McKay to start here so that means we’re going to need to score at least 2 goals to get anything from the game which I just can’t see happening.

No more excuses for Sheerin.

Feel like I’ve been relatively light on him, as without Williamson and Morrison we had 2 genuinely good attacking options down one wing replaced with possibly 2 of the worst in the league, in Miller and Mcdaid.

Saturday that should no longer be the case. Anything other than a vastly improved attacking performance and a couple of goals, against a team that hasn’t won since we last played them, will be unacceptable for me. 

Edited by bairn88

I'd be a lot more confident if Morrison and Williamson are fit enough to start this one

Martin

Williamson Hall Dixon McCann

Telfer Hetherington

Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Ruth

Mutch, McKay, Krasniqi, Ross, McDaid, Ompreon, Keena

Suddenly that starting line-up looks a lot better (even with Hall and Hetherington still stinking out the place) with better options on the bench as a result.

We've still got to perform the basics though. The number of goals we've conceded this season from long balls up the park has been absolutely comical. 

Falkirk haven’t been great this season but I’d be very surprised if they don’t beat us on Saturday.  We’re on an absolutely horrid run of form and Faz tends to shite it against the better teams in the league and tries to sit deep which doesn’t suit us at all. We desperately need one of our strikers to hit a bit of scoring form.

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd be a lot more confident if Morrison and Williamson are fit enough to start this one

Martin

Williamson Hall Dixon McCann

Telfer Hetherington

Morrison Nesbitt McGuffie

Ruth

Swap Hall for lemon and Ruth keena and that's about as good as we have I think. 

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Falkirk haven’t been great this season but I’d be very surprised if they don’t beat us on Saturday.  We’re on an absolutely horrid run of form and Faz tends to shite it against the better teams in the league and tries to sit deep which doesn’t suit us at all. We desperately need one of our strikers to hit a bit of scoring form.

Pity you couldn't have got the competition winner back before he rocked up at Elgin but there's always the January window. 

Obviously this could be scuppered by our match preview, but I hope we don't make too many changes for this one. It's about time we started to establish a settled team and gave players a run of games. I wouldn't be shocked to see Faz stick with the same lineup as last week, but I'd been keen to make one change - dropping Andy Geggan for Eoghan Stokes.

Geggan has, Airdrie game aside, been really disappointing since he came back. And his wild slide tackle attempt before Clyde's equaliser last week was ridiculous for a player of his experience at that stage in the game.

We've got next to nothing out of Joe McKee as a #10 either, so drop him back into central midfield where he can have the game ahead of him and dictate things a wee bit more and we could be onto a winner. Stokes has looked good almost every time he's came off the bench and has a nice habit of being in the right place at the right time in the box. He's earned a start.

Morrison could absolutely tear Boyle to shreds. But unfortunately he's the best option we have there. That gives me the fear. We might need Ross MacLean to do more of a wing-back role.

Ramsbottom

Pignatiello Carswell Buchanan Boyle

Paton McKee

Orsi Stokes MacLean

Schiavone

If Falkirk have issues defending long balls then I'd fancy big Ryan Schiavone to rough them up a bit. He really has looked a handful in recent weeks. We could just do with him finding a scoring touch. Kalvin Orsi was good wide last week so he can stay there. Carlo Pignatiello is our best option at right-back. His deliveries with Stokes lurking in the box could work out quite nicely.

Personally I think we'll lose. But that's just because I'm full of pessimism. We are terrible at taking our chances and excellent at defensive howlers at the moment. Which is a bit of a dangerous mix.

We are terrible at taking our chances and excellent at defensive howlers at the moment. Which is a bit of a dangerous mix.

That absolutely sums us up as well btw. Absolutely rancid in front of goal and always likely to find a way to ship in a goal no matter the circumstance.

1 minute ago, Russ said:

That absolutely sums us up as well btw. Absolutely rancid in front of goal and always likely to find a way to ship in a goal no matter the circumstance.

0-0 it is then. With both managers hamming up a clean sheet afterwards.

25 minutes ago, Russ said:

This is spot on. The last game against Dumbarton was a terrific example. We were't playing well but I remember thinking 'at least we'll take a 0-0 draw and tinker the attacking setup for next week, or maybe sneak a 1-0 win late on'.

Then Dumbarton get a goal kick and 10 seconds later the ball's in the back of our net. Followed shortly after by Gary Miller Gary Millering a Sons' clearance out of defence and all of a sudden we're 2-0 down. I know we conceded a lot of second phase set pieces under M&M but the standard of goals we've been conceding has never been lower.

Even when we were playing well earlier in the season we were still conceding these goals. It shouldn't be difficult considering a center back pairing of Mark Durnan and Gregor Buchanan only conceded 18 goals in 28 games in our first season down here. We're already almost at that total after 13 matches this campaign.

To not be firing properly at either end of the pitch is hugely concerning. Hopefully Morrison and Williamson can help remedy 50% of that tomorrow

Looking forward to this one, fans should be able to sit in close enough proximity to the directors seats to uhm, 'politely discuss' what we think of them! Unfortunately I don't think many, if ahy actually (especially wage thief Holt) will be brave enough to show up with this in mind! 

0-0 and Sheerin to have a semi in the post match interview when he says it 4 games unbeaten and once again we controlled the game and could have won it on another day. 

Falkirk fans to outnumber home fans, McKee and Hetherington having a competition to see who can stink the place out more, kinda like a fart off but with a football... 

Edited by some_guy