Jump to content

William Hill bet investigation.


Broony88
 Share

Recommended Posts

Placed a few bets on the Dundee v Celtic game on Sunday morning just about 10 minutes before kick off. 
 
staked £25 over the three bets £12,£8 and £5. Attached a photo of the two winning bets. Both bets were settled as winners but I was working so didn’t withdraw instantly. Finished work and went back in to account and the £380 was removed from account and bet was still showing as unsettled. 
 

We are now over  72 hours since the full time whistle was blown and they are saying there is an investigation in to the market. The other two bets were settled no issues on the game and after speaking to live help they have just peddled them same line out about traders are reviewing the market and will be in touch as soon as the review is over. William Hill have removed their telephone system so it’s live help or Twitter. Both have been absolutely zero help so far and say it’s out of their hands and the traders won’t call me. I am at a loss as to what they could be investigating and how can it take this long. Really wish I had withdrawn it straight away when I saw it had settled but i could never have imagined this was going to happen. 
 

anyone had a similar experience with them or any advice ? 
 

I have been given a £10 bet for inconvenience but it’s still a piss take. 

D1CC31C3-66F5-45C8-A9CE-E32167D34A8B.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Placed a few bets on the Dundee v Celtic game on Sunday morning just about 10 minutes before kick off. 
 
staked £25 over the three bets £12,£8 and £5. Attached a photo of the two winning bets. Both bets were settled as winners but I was working so didn’t withdraw instantly. Finished work and went back in to account and the £380 was removed from account and bet was still showing as unsettled. 
 

We are now over  72 hours since the full time whistle was blown and they are saying there is an investigation in to the market. The other two bets were settled no issues on the game and after speaking to live help they have just peddled them same line out about traders are reviewing the market and will be in touch as soon as the review is over. William Hill have removed their telephone system so it’s live help or Twitter. Both have been absolutely zero help so far and say it’s out of their hands and the traders won’t call me. I am at a loss as to what they could be investigating and how can it take this long. Really wish I had withdrawn it straight away when I saw it had settled but i could never have imagined this was going to happen. 
 

anyone had a similar experience with them or any advice ? 
 

I have been given a £10 bet for inconvenience but it’s still a piss take. 

D1CC31C3-66F5-45C8-A9CE-E32167D34A8B.png

I've had similar issues in the past and it would appear that there's been some irregular betting patterns in these markets which will need to be investigated, however I imagine you'll get your cash without any issue over the next day or two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I've had similar issues in the past and it would appear that there's been some irregular betting patterns in these markets which will need to be investigated, however I imagine you'll get your cash without any issue over the next day or two.

thanks for that, I wonder just how long  the investigation will take. 
 

I have cheekily asked for £10 free bet every day that it isn’t settled. Will see how I get on with that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

thanks for that, I wonder just how long  the investigation will take. 
 

I have cheekily asked for £10 free bet every day that it isn’t settled. Will see how I get on with that one. 

The bottom line is that you've put your bet on in good faith in markets that they've offered, it's certainly not your fault that there's potentially some crooks at work (possibly including players) and as such they have an obligation to pay you out as promised, since they happily took your bet.

These are the markets where you tend to find most of the match fixing nowadays but if they're that concerned about it, then they shouldn't be promoting gambling on said markets.

Like all bookies, they'll happily take your cash but won't be so happy when having to pay you out !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

thanks for that, I wonder just how long  the investigation will take. 
 

I have cheekily asked for £10 free bet every day that it isn’t settled. Will see how I get on with that one. 

Did you watch the game? Just wondering if the cards looked dodgy like they could have been trying to make them happen, I see they were both towards the end of the game. Not excusing Hills, just curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Did you watch the game? Just wondering if the cards looked dodgy like they could have been trying to make them happen, I see they were both towards the end of the game. Not excusing Hills, just curious.

Lee Ashcroft wiped out Jota as that was included in the highlights, McGowans wasn’t shown but bbc sport and Dundee live text commentary said it was for a bad foul on James Forrest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...