Next permanent Rangers manager

Let’s go!  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What about the abuse dished out to MOH because he was Catholic?

Any comment on that? 

i heard this question answered almost 30 years ago when Italy played Jack Charlton's Ireland and after a bit of something something pope lives there, something something millions of them live there, the reply was

'' aye, but they're continental cafflicks

Nevertheless let's get Gio and watch the meltdown while eating a big bag of popcorn

EwqbLq%2B15koUq18GjnRJCE5%2BdnOylo4P5qee

http://www.football-oranje.com/van-bronckhorst-time-for-feyenoord-to-say-goodbye/

St Mirren 2  Sevco 0 Looms.....

Edited by Meldrew

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Gers fans did boo Declan McDaid coming on at Ibrox for having a pretty *****ish name, so there is that.

E.T.A forgot about the word filter. The word in asterisks rhymes with Haig.

Pretty sure McDaid has been booed coming on at Dens, and that's got f**k all to do with his name or background. :lol:

7 hours ago, AJF said:

They have a point. The majority of the time, the religion of our players or staff is brought up by fans of other clubs.

This is not to deny that some of our fans have warped views on religion, but our own players are not targeted by them for displaying their faith.

Aye, those days are gone. No you'd just rather they didn't.

1 hour ago, Orbix said:

Anyone who gave him shit for his faith was a c**t I’d want nothing to do with. 

But you said earlier that players aren’t slated for their faith.

I think what you mean to say was that Rangers fans will be tolerant of your faith………..if you produce the goods on the park.

11 minutes ago, G51 said:

If you want to pick out someone who was abused for no reason other than his religion, picking the guy who sat in the Celtic end for a Scottish Cup final probably isn't the best choice.

Oh so if you are a Catholic and a Celtic fan then you are fair game?

What about the picture of MOH in the chapel which came out before the Celtic end incident and the reaction that got because, as noted above, he wasn’t doing the job on the park for you?

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

If you want to pick out someone who was abused for no reason other than his religion, picking the guy who sat in the Celtic end for a Scottish Cup final probably isn't the best choice.

Why? Does this somehow mitigate the act of anti-Catholic abuse? 

2 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

What about the picture of MOH in the chapel which came out before the Celtic end incident and the reaction that got because, as noted above, he wasn’t doing the job on the park for you?

317679_1

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

The incident in question was of someone making a sectarian tweet about him. I don’t think that is exactly a fair representation or evidence that Rangers fans take issue with our players being Catholic. As I referred to earlier, it’s not to deny there are people with warped views, but it is not common place at all the way it is being portrayed.

If we're going to take one tweet as representative of an entire fanbase then literally every fanbase would be condemned.

That's the type of attitude that allows politicians and the chattering classes to treat football fans like the scum of the earth. And some are willing to engage in this because it allows them to participate in point scoring.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

But you said earlier that players aren’t slated for their faith.

I think what you mean to say was that Rangers fans will be tolerant of your faith………..if you produce the goods on the park.

Nah, if I’d meant to say that I’d have said it. I’m quite happy that people can slate a player for sitting with rival fans, or for perceived poor performance, those are part and parcel of being a professional in the modern game. Doing so because of their background or faith are abhorrent. o’Halloran getting shit for doing community outreach in a chapel was wrong. The fact that he was signed at all does put paid to the idea that the club wouldn’t hire an assistant called Jean Paul though, which is the original point I was responding too.

I’d argue that recently, Barisic and Morelos have both gone through spells of (relative to their peak) poor form, and their beliefs have never been brought up as a stick to beat them with. Lots on Morelos’ attitude, weight, Barisic being fragile, but f**k all to do with anything else.

Fk me! Only in fucking troll land (basically the greater Glasgow area and adjoining central belt) could the last few pages even exist. All because of two “football” teams.

Look back at what’s been posted guys/girls and hang your heads in shame!

7 hours ago, AJF said:

The incident in question was of someone making a sectarian tweet about him. I don’t think that is exactly a fair representation or evidence that Rangers fans take issue with our players being Catholic. As I referred to earlier, it’s not to deny there are people with warped views, but it is not common place at all the way it is being portrayed.

Go onto either of your biggest fan forums and do a search for the thread relating to that picture and then come back to me.

Or of course just keep burying your head in the sand.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

If we're going to take one tweet as representative of an entire fanbase then literally every fanbase would be condemned.

That's the type of attitude that allows politicians and the chattering classes to treat football fans like the scum of the earth. And some are willing to engage in this because it allows them to participate in point scoring.

One tweet……..

https://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/316536-mick-o’halleron-away/?tab=comments#comment-1064762307

8 hours ago, G51 said:

One tweet…….

https://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/315495-o’halloran-dodoo/