Next permanent Rangers manager

Let’s go!  

158 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Reckon it’s Lampard. On nothing other than a hunch. 

It seems he’s ducked the Norwich job after his uncle touted him here and I have more than just a small suspicion that GVB would come across as too demanding of the board to splash the cash (which, without CL football, we don’t have).

Would still be delighted with either though. McInnes can go get himself in the sea. 😂

Who knows though. It is however nice to be able to mention the names of such prominence as apparently competing for the #1 job in Scottish football. 

4 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

It seems he’s ducked the Norwich job after his uncle touted him here and I have more than just a small suspicion that GVB would come across as too demanding of the board to splash the cash (which, without CL football, we don’t have).

Would still be delighted with either though. McInnes can go get himself in the sea. 😂

Who knows though. It is however nice to be able to mention the names of such prominence as apparently competing for the #1 job in Scottish football. 

the rumour seems to be he knew he wasnt getting it so claimed he wasnt interested

still, i see him being a like for like replacement and i'd not be surprised if he was the favourite with the board, for what he can bring, {Chelsea loan signings}

5 hours ago, bennett said:

I can't see it taking much for the fans to get on McInnes' back if results don't go well, that would be a crazy appointment. 

McInnes isn't getting a sniff.

Even if his recent sacking at Aberdeen has extricated him from the legal difficulties that saw the move to Rangers fall through.

35 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

If I was a Rangers supporter I'd go for Lamps over GvB. But I'm not, so I'll go for [insert some useless chunt here].

i agree, i think he brings more to the club than GVB.....So i'm all abroad the Deek McInnes train.....

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

You don’t have it even with Champions League football. There’s £100m of losses to account for.

22 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Derek McInnes would be a good appointment for a laugh, but anyone who is below the expectations of Rangers fans would do me.

Given how spectacularly wrong I've been to date on this topic I'd maybe be better keeping my opinions to myself but reading just now that Jan Wouters has ruled himself out and instead Barry Ferguson and Billy Dods are being touted as assistants should GVB get the job? I know it's only papers filling inches just now but surely either would be a massive step backwards?