Ayr United v Partick Thistle - 13/11/21

Glorious result. Love pumping these teams that were regularly pumping us. Not heard from my Ayr supporting mate that I went to college with, he was loving it when Shankland was destroying us then even more so when IM left and they were still pumping us! I didn't hear from him after the first 4-0 and I doubt I'll hear from him tonight. 

0_19577401.jpg

10 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yup.

Mccall absolutely knows how to put a team together to play attacking football. We were flying under him and yet the good people of ayr didn't come back to Somerset in any great numbers.

We had our chance and we blew it.

What a depressing situation.

I really don’t think the “people of Ayr” are to blame for the board’s shambolic managerial appointments over the last two years.

17 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Yup.

Mccall absolutely knows how to put a team together to play attacking football. We were flying under him and yet the good people of ayr didn't come back to Somerset in any great numbers.

We had our chance and we blew it.

What a depressing situation.

You cany blame a whole toon for Dave Smith being a buffoon.  

We were weren't outstanding in terms of swashbuckling adventurous play but we ran the middle of the park the whole second half just about.

Ayr were just a bunch of empty shirts floating about the pitch.

Natural Order restored anyway...

Partick in all honesty didn't even need to look like a decent side today, I don't think they even got above second gear at any point. Second half looked like a training session, and we couldn't even mount anything looking like a decent attack.

Roll on January, need a massive clear out. 

Really enjoyed that - I haven’t celebrated a goal in a stadium since the 7th of March 2020, so two in two minutes was absolutely lovely.

Ayr had a couple of half chances in the first half, most notably the header that went well over, but I still felt we were in control and worth the two goal lead. Second half we didn’t get out of first gear and Ayr still created basically nothing. The boy Adeloye must be incredibly frustrated as he looks like he’d be a decent player but the service he gets is consistently atrocious. I don’t think any Ayr players had particularly bad games to be honest, they were just up against a clearly superior side. Would be very worried if I was an Ayr fan. 

We’re good going forward - although I don’t think that was even a particularly great attacking display from us. Out of nowhere we’ve found a real defensively solidity. Akinola never looks overly good on the ball, but he’s a great defender, always seems to be in the right position to stop any danger.

Brian Graham is the boy though.

4 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Really enjoyed that - I haven’t celebrated a goal in a stadium since the 7th of March 2020, so two in two minutes was absolutely lovely.

Ayr had a couple of half chances in the first half, most notably the header that went well over, but I still felt we were in control and worth the two goal lead. Second half we didn’t get out of first gear and Ayr still created basically nothing. The boy Adeloye must be incredibly frustrated as he looks like he’d be a decent player but the service he gets is consistently atrocious. I don’t think any Ayr players had particularly bad games to be honest, they were just up against a clearly superior side. Would be very worried if I was an Ayr fan. 

We’re good going forward - although I don’t think that was even a particularly great attacking display from us. Out of nowhere we’ve found a real defensively solidity. Akinola never looks overly good on the ball, but he’s a great defender, always seems to be in the right position to stop any danger.

Brian Graham is the boy though.

Can’t argue with a word of that. Away to Dunfermline next weekend could quite easily see us go from 6th to bottom in the course of a week. Pars, Morton and Hamilton in our next 3 (league) games are all massive for us. 

4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

What's happened? I'm not at the game.

4 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:
4 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:
What's happened? I'm not at the game.

Two exuberant underage youths were objecting to being punted and punched a steward

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Heard from the SRE that Ian McCalls son apparently assaulted a steward when being ejected from the home end. 

Not too sure If it's bollocks and some crap joke that he's trying to make up. 

Aye it was McCalls son. My mate is a steward and said theyd been denied entry to the Partick end for being pissed. Managed to get tickets for the Ayr end and were caught by a steward who recognised them, then it all kicked off with him and the pal both being ejected 

Aye it was McCalls son. My mate is a steward and said theyd been denied entry to the Partick end for being pissed. Managed to get tickets for the Ayr end and were caught by a steward who recognised them, then it all kicked off with him and the pal both being ejected 
Wait, seriously? Or am I being whooshed.