East Fife v Airdrieonians

2 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Thought frizzell again is really proving what an asset to this team he is, his running, control and hunger to win the ball really show, if I can be a little critical.... He's too one footed!

I've had a thing about "lefties" all my days, most of them are extremely one footed. For instance i couldn't imagine Rico playing right back.

Agree about Frizzell though, excellent footballer.

Sorry can’t agree that Alan Newlands is one of the better referees going around the lower leagues, mind you thought that about Andrew Dallas as well and look where he is now. Does he know someone in high places by any chance🤤🤤. Although I would Stress that Airdrie were well worth the three points, as a former referee myself, I thought the ref allowed some obvious fouls to play on ( a new directive from ref bosses not to be picky) and when he blew for fouls he gave them the wrong way. To the guy who got stuck down the front, I am afraid that’s your own young fans to blame for commandeering the back rows.

However Airdrie played some nice football at times and have made themselves a hard team to get the better of. Will be right up there at end of season. Hope the Fife are able to play themselves out the mire though.

Is there a King Kebab in the house? [emoji848]

No he was in the pub from the final whistle to quite late actually!!!
Well that was a game of two halves ultimately ruined by one of the most inept refereeing performances I’ve seen since the last time Newlands officiated one of our matches, I don’t think he’s anti-East Fife, I think he’s just shit and out of his depth, he gives the impression of making stuff up as he goes along, I recall in a previous game him giving an offside decision against us in our own half once, when 21 players were in our half with the resultant free kick being taken at least 8-10 yards into our side of the pitch???[emoji848] The guys a clown!!!
First half, I thought we were lucky not to be 2 or 3 down by HT, only some inept finishing and some inspired goal keeping from young Jude Smith kept the score down. Our formation and the way we set up struggled to cope with Airdrie and with Frizzell continually going wide and taking Slattery with him, Janny had the entire pitch to himself, it was like Airdrie had an extra man in the first half such was the freedom He had, he’ll never have an easier 45 minutes than that. Every thing good that Airdrie did originated from that right hand side. And here is where DY regularly comes in for justifiable criticism, everybody knows and can see where the problem is, DY knows and can see where the problem is, why did he wait until halftime to sort it, (changing the 352 to a 442) change it there and then, why take the risk of the game being over by HT, sort it now ffs!!!
Anyway 2nd half with the problem sorted was a much more even affair with us having the bulk of the possession but ultimately not creating very much with a lot of promising moves resulting in speculative long range efforts which apart from a couple, rarely troubled Currie, but it was a much more even contest which was the pleasing thing, especially considering the first half AND the previous game between the sides!!!
This of course was ended with the farcical sending off, I’m not sure how Millar warranted a booking for what looked like an accidental clash of heads, I would have to see that again in the highlights, but his second was a joke, he stuck a leg out and the Airdrie player went over it, the sort that were happening all over the pitch, it’s a foul but never a booking, get up, take the free kick and move on but you got the impression that Newlands couldn’t wait to get his card out again and that was that, contest over, cheers ref!!!
The Osei-Bonsu sub just happened at the wrong time, he was brought on when we had 11 men on the park and the game was very different, DY was obviously hoping that he would be able to hold the ball and work his way into the box, but when Millar went off it was more a defensive game and Osei-Bonsu ineptitude stood out more because he can’t defend, can’t tackle and looks like he would rather be elsewhere, his apparent lack of effort is disheartening but I’m sure if we were on the front foot for the remainder of the match we would have seen a different performance from him, but we didn’t and can we really be playing guys who won’t fight for the team no matter the situation???
All in all, disappointed we lost but I think Airdrie deserved it, could have been better but it could have been a lot worse as well, so we continue to progress and now onto next week!!!

2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Yep sounds like he's continuing the same trend with us. 

Best player we have had for many years IMO. 

One of the things I can remember Easton for was when he was with Forfar he threw himself to the ground clutching his face  when all around except the referee saw that there was absolutely no contact whatsoever, however he succeeded in what he set out to achieve and got his opponent sent off. A very poor example of sportsmanship.

58 minutes ago, WhoAmI said:

One of the things I can remember Easton for was when he was with Forfar he threw himself to the ground clutching his face  when all around except the referee saw that there was absolutely no contact whatsoever, however he succeeded in what he set out to achieve and got his opponent sent off. A very poor example of sportsmanship.

Are you trying to say Easton wasn't fouled, when Keiran Millar received his 2nd yellow......

6 hours ago, Kenny_m said:

I've had a thing about "lefties" all my days, most of them are extremely one footed. For instance i couldn't imagine Rico playing right back.

Agree about Frizzell though, excellent footballer.

The best penalty kick and free kick  takers were all left-footers. 

8 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Sorry can’t agree that Alan Newlands is one of the better referees going around the lower leagues, mind you thought that about Andrew Dallas as well and look where he is now. Does he know someone in high places by any chance🤤🤤. Although I would Stress that Airdrie were well worth the three points, as a former referee myself, I thought the ref allowed some obvious fouls to play on ( a new directive from ref bosses not to be picky) and when he blew for fouls he gave them the wrong way. To the guy who got stuck down the front, I am afraid that’s your own young fans to blame for commandeering the back rows.

However Airdrie played some nice football at times and have made themselves a hard team to get the better of. Will be right up there at end of season. Hope the Fife are able to play themselves out the mire though.

As the stuck down the front guy it was largely my own fault for arriving later than usual (Traffic) and there were 4 of us who usually sit together and the spare seats higher up were available but only in singles/twos. I think our "seats" were nowhere near the young guys at the back rows  . Had it been pay at the gate we would have ended up in the same area so I am not criticising EF stewards.  I also tend to avoid the young guy areas as we are old grumpies. On the game itself it had some close moments and although I can't say I like DY, I do hope you do get out of the mire. Best wishes

5 hours ago, Passionate said:

Are you trying to say Easton wasn't fouled, when Keiran Millar received his 2nd yellow......

Thought I would watch the highlights before passing judgement but now I am of the opinion that it was not a yellow. Not totally blaming the referee but I think that considering the amount and point of contact on Easton, for him to jump with both legs together and fall like a sack of spuds was out and there was only one thought in his mind which was to get Millar a caution.

16 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Thought I would watch the highlights before passing judgement but now I am of the opinion that it was not a yellow. Not totally blaming the referee but I think that considering the amount and point of contact on Easton, for him to jump with both legs together and fall like a sack of spuds was out and there was only one thought in his mind which was to get Millar a caution.

Some of your guys appear to do their training at the deep end of the local pool. Was right in front of me & was an obvious trip ref had no option after first booking