East Fife v Airdrieonians

Looking forward to this one, never an easy game up in Methil and will be guaranteed to be absolutely freezing as usual. Realistically though if we are looking to be pushing on to win the league then these are the types of games you will be looking to take maximum points from, no disrespect to East Fife. Hopefully a win and as diamondman said Kyle Connell to have a poor game, Mon the Diamonds[emoji815]️

We all know from last year how effective Kyle Connell can be in this division and, with him fit and East Fife in better form and at home, you expect this to be a harder afternoon than the reverse fixture, which was a stroll in the end up. 

We have players capable of unpicking teams, though, and if we replicate the second half from Saturday then we will win this match. Anything less and we could find ourselves dropping points as East Fife will know that a win almost certainly takes them off the bottom and a draw likely levels things up on points with Clyde, unless the bully wee pull off a shock (which would suit us if they did, of course) 

Certainly an interesting encounter. Surprised it’s taken this long for East Fife to get going. 

Not sure how far away Kerr and Lyons are for playing a full 90 minutes. Would be good to see McCabe pushed back into midfield. Walker did fine on Saturday although did at times look uncomfortable playing on the left 

Edited by Diamond10

I have gone optimistic and predicted an Airdrie win, but the presence of Connell and Wallace does give me some worries. I also expect Millar and Watt , if they play, to want to pose a challenge. We are quite creative now but there will need to be some real grit as well. In the cliche we are now there to be shot at, so i hope Max is alert to any long hoofballs. Ticket purchased today from a very smooth system.

11 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I have gone optimistic and predicted an Airdrie win, but the presence of Connell and Wallace does give me some worries. I also expect Millar and Watt , if they play, to want to pose a challenge. We are quite creative now but there will need to be some real grit as well. In the cliche we are now there to be shot at, so i hope Max is alert to any long hoofballs. Ticket purchased today from a very smooth system.

Quite honestly Millar and Watt would be nowhere near getting in our midfield ahead of Easton, Frizzell, McGill,  McInroy or McCabe but of course this is Scottish League 1 where nothing is guaranteed.

For a change im starting to look forward a Saturday. The good results have been backed up by good performances. Which is rare in this league. I do hope the diamonds faithful can start coming back over the next few months. Expecting a tighter game than the previous encounter at Airdrie. My prediction EF 1 - 2 Airdrie. 

For a change im starting to look forward a Saturday. The good results have been backed up by good performances. Which is rare in this league. I do hope the diamonds faithful can start coming back over the next few months. Expecting a tighter game than the previous encounter at Airdrie. My prediction EF 1 - 2 Airdrie. 

Would bite your hand off for any win in this one, even though East Fife may not be doing great this season Bayview is a place we’ve never seemed to do very well at.

Yep, can only echo what's been said, I'd take a scrappy 1-0 shitfest of a game to just get away with the 3 points! I'm not expecting fantastic free flowing football every week but if we can throw in a few dogged performances at our "bogey" grounds then it will just make me admire this team a wee bit more again.

Seems a bit of a recurring theme for us, a top vs bottom clash. As Cove & Queens have found out we're much improved in recent weeks, that said, Airdrie do look the real deal this season. The visitors don't have the best record in recent years in Methil. I'm confidently predicting 2-1 on Saturday, just not confident enough to say for which side.

On 11/11/2021 at 06:40, Life on Marrs? said:

Seems a bit of a recurring theme for us, a top vs bottom clash. As Cove & Queens have found out we're much improved in recent weeks, that said, Airdrie do look the real deal this season. The visitors don't have the best record in recent years in Methil. I'm confidently predicting 2-1 on Saturday, just not confident enough to say for which side.

I have a feeling that there’s going to be an upset, in favour of the Fife.

League 1 has to be the most unpredictable in Scottish football.

11 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

I have a feeling that there’s going to be an upset, in favour of the Fife.

League 1 has to be the most unpredictable in Scottish football.

Hoping you're wrong obviously. Seems the most likely game for an upset though. Can't see Cove or QP slipping up. For me, a win is not only about keeping us top but keeping our strong form going going into the Cove game at home next week. 

But for today's game, hoping to see McCabe back into midfield but think he will still be at the back as cannot see Lyons being fully match fit yet. LB? Who knows. 

We've enough about us to go there and get goals though so let's just hope we score more than them. 3-2 Airdrie. 

2 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Hoping you're wrong obviously. Seems the most likely game for an upset though. Can't see Cove or QP slipping up.

Oh I don't know. 

Can see Falkirk sneaking a draw at Dumbarton. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

But for today's game, hoping to see McCabe back into midfield but think he will still be at the back as cannot see Lyons being fully match fit yet. LB? Who knows. 

Not even fit enough for the bench which isn't a good sign after his brief appearance last weekend.