Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

And posting on here is unlikely to achieve anything in fact it may just add fuel to the fire for the YT
Individual people within the support shouldn't have to approach a group of people to tell them to stop. The club themselves know its happening and should be taking action on it. Its similar to us all complaining about the OF clubs doing nothing about the sectarianism within their stadiums etc.

Eta: I'm not offended by it, but I do know it shouldn't be sung and I wouldnt get involved with singing it.

I think that the chant was stupid & boring. I would rather that people sang things which would boost our team. I dislike the pars but I don't understand some people's obsession with their feeble attempts at grandeur. If the maiden aunts object to a puerile noise from wee boys, then I suggest they rouse themselves to boo such chants. Many of them are happy to slag off our team & players on a regular basis .

3 hours ago, lellywong said:

And that's the exact attitude the club don't want.  Fine have a day out, get pished, get behind the team but singing songs about 'paedos' is not the way to do it. Don't they realise that the club could be in serious hot water because of this and get fined or do they just not give a shit🙄

While I agree the song should be retired... the same shite patter is being belted out by supporters of loads of teams... pars included. We aren't going to get a fine or anything.

I would imagine a combo of a stronger worded mention in the weekly email, and some self policing will see it binned . 

3 hours ago, grumswall said:

Individual people within the support shouldn't have to approach a group of people to tell them to stop. The club themselves know its happening and should be taking action on it. Its similar to us all complaining about the OF clubs doing nothing about the sectarianism within their stadiums etc.

Eta: I'm not offended by it, but I do know it shouldn't be sung and I wouldnt get involved with singing it.

Yep and never said an individual should approach a group of people to tell them to stop

Having said that if someone is so offended by something that much they tend to do something about it.Mumping and moaning on here achieves nothing

Ditto to your last sentence

26 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Posting on here doesn’t necessarily mean that folk haven’t also complained to the club. Presume the reason that the club and the SLO have already made comment about it is precisely because they have had numerous complaints from supporters. 

I agree with this. Cant expect a lone guy to front up a group. That said its a distasteful song but lets not over blow it..

Educate, teach,learn