Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

They weren’t able to use the gantry but were kindly given a space in the main stand where they could film and took it. Actually took a more basic camera equipment and stuff as well as didn’t think it was possible before arriving. Not our most ideal package, but definitely better than nothing or the Pixellot camera!
What I don't get is that Accies don't do highlights and the game wasn't streamed so why was the only footage filmed from a pretty poor angle?

It won't be Raith's fault but wtf is that angle for the highlights? Can't wait for that new gantry our now-chairman promised us almost three years ago now.

Suppose I should just be grateful that highlights are coming out of an Accies home game for the first time this season.
From what I've gathered it was quite touch and go that we were allowed highlights. Might be wrong about that.

Said it before but you won't find a more sympathetic support to your cause at the moment. Dozens of clubs had the "easy" option of getting their owners out via administration with all their debt wiped out: we never had that luxury as the club and stadium were separate entities.

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Find it bizarre that grown adults defend this pish. The club has done wonders to encourage kids along recently through things like the Roary Club and pricing, then they have to sit and listen to this garbage at games.  As others have said, so much positivity around the club and things to be proud of, but dragging the club down is a handful of morons who think that calling  someone a paedo is quality banter. 

I agree its not something that should be sung, but it's interesting that no one got offended by ..... is ilegitimate, or.... is a horses arse. If you have a think about the lyrics they are equally offensive 

I think there’s a bit of a mindset amongst some of the young team that the more the “Raith Da’s” tell them not to sing a certain song the more they’re just going to sing it.

Edited by Enigma

To be fair, we've had a number of horrendous chants over the years. There's been plenty of times where I've been sitting in the South Stand cringing at what is being sung and it's not only because they are offensive. "Horse's Arse", namechecked already, and the song about flying over East End to name a couple.

Re offensive songs. Why did nobody raise it with a steward/polis/email to the club instead of rocking up to p&b to voice their disgust as if something would magically be done about it? 
I wasn't at the game yesterday myself. As I've said on twitter, I wouldn't sing the song myself and I'd be surprised if there's folk who are recipients who get overly upset. But the club have come out twice now via different channels and asked them to stop singing it yet it still keeps cropping up. Because it keeps getting sung, people come on here or in social media and talk about it.

I'd be too apathetic myself to go up to a steward and say about it: I'd imagine most folk are the same. Why bring the attention or hassle on yourself when the club are actively asking for it to stop? Might as well get McGlynn on the tannoy asking folk to not call people sex offenders at this rate.

These lads just want to have a day out on the pish and get behind the team. They've created a brilliant atmosphere at home and away games over the last 3 seasons. If its sung next Saturday, it won't make or break my day.

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

But the club have come out twice now via different channels and asked them to stop singing it yet it still keeps cropping up

Maybe it's time for a specific statement from the club along the lines of 'on the back of the Fans Code of Conduct article released earlier in the month it's been highlighted some unacceptable chants continue to be sung at our matches. We would ask that fans wishing to partake in singing at matches do so in a positive manner and any songs which breaches our Fans Code of Conduct will result in potential ejection from the ground and possibly a ban from Starks Park'. Folk are obviously not calling these folk out in person and they're not being spoken to by stewards/police so if they are in a big group, and pished, it'll probably just continue. Now I'm not on Facebook or Twitter etc so no idea if there's debates ongoing on the rights and wrongs of said song(s). But like yourself if it's sung at the next game it won't make or break my day. 

18 hours ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Yes, for the play offs last season the Sportsound “experts” gave the Dees no chance. It’s, I’m disappointed to say, a Scottish phenomenon that those football experts  in the west dismiss with ignorant alacrity those pesky teams in the East. 

I genuinely hope that Raith Rovers win the Championship. Just hope we don’t pass you on the way down!

To be fair though even most Dundee fans and neutrals on P+B had Kilmarnock as favourites. In fact I think the only fans who didn’t were our own for the majority, we knew how shite we were.

2 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

To be fair, we've had a number of horrendous chants over the years. There's been plenty of times where I've been sitting in the South Stand cringing at what is being sung and it's not only because they are offensive. "Horse's Arse", namechecked already, and the song about flying over East End to name a couple.

The fly over east end song is a dirge... should be banned on taste grounds

Born under a Rovers scarf is another questionable number.. ripped off the classic Born Under a Union Jack.

Saying that the YT are a breath of fresh air atmosphere 99% of the time

3 hours ago, Halbeath Raith Rover said:

I agree its not something that should be sung, but it's interesting that no one got offended by ..... is ilegitimate, or.... is a horses arse. If you have a think about the lyrics they are equally offensive 

There’s a subtle difference between stuff that’s just distasteful which as you say there’s a lot of at games anyway, and stuff that crosses a line on sex, race, sexuality or religion. The notion that grown adults, some with kids, believe that sexual abuse or peadophilia is fair game to be levelled at someone simply because he plays for or manages a different club is frankly ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

The whole "if you're offended then do something about it" that I've seen on twitter is tiresome.  It's not up to other fans to convince people that signing songs about people being sex offenders isnt right.  

If that's the case it doesn't sound like they have any intention of stopping. Sadly I can see the YT jacking it in but they'll only have themselves to blame if some of them get kicked out the ground/banned. There was a similar outcry with the Mendy song which stopped so hopefully they can come up with more pro Rovers songs that don't cross the line. 

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

These lads just want to have a day out on the pish and get behind the team. They've created a brilliant atmosphere at home and away games over the last 3 seasons. If its sung next Saturday, it won't make or break my day.

And that's the exact attitude the club don't want.  Fine have a day out, get pished, get behind the team but singing songs about 'paedos' is not the way to do it. Don't they realise that the club could be in serious hot water because of this and get fined or do they just not give a shit🙄

3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

The whole "if you're offended then do something about it" that I've seen on twitter is tiresome.  It's not up to other fans to convince people that signing songs about people being sex offenders isnt right.  

And posting on here is unlikely to achieve anything in fact it may just add fuel to the fire for the YT

If some get offeneded by the songs then fair enough, they don't offend me but I've been travelling to away games with Raith for the best part of 40 years, I've sung songs that have no part in modern society, and have had no part in society for the last 20 odd years, but back then it was acceptable.

The PC brigade have taken over (sometimes rightly so) and until a few of the young team get horsed out of an away ground (had it done to me at Airdrie) then only then will they understand that certain songs are not appropriate in this day and age.