Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

These guys add to the atmosphere and when they sing songs the rest of the support join in with it genuinely creates a great atmosphere in the away end, but the paedo/sex offender stuff is absolutely brutal. Seems like the calls from the club for them to bin it have been ignored. Probably a misguided notion that they are being ‘edgy’ in some way. 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

What was MacDonald doing at that first goal? Great finish from Ethan for the second. 

Its worse than I remember.

Honestly I think he forgot he was no longer a Raith player.

Thats why I Thought it was pretty harsh of your fans to boo the lad after scoring for yous.

5 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Its worse than I remember.

Honestly I think he forgot he was no longer a Raith player.

Thats why I Thought it was pretty harsh of your fans to boo the lad after scoring for yous.

Not a fan of booing ex-player in general as it probably just motivates them. However, from memory MacDonald did put out a snarky tweet after the 4-4 which was a bit out of order, so probably deserved it tbh 

Edited by roverthemoon

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Not a fan of booing ex-player in general as it probably just motivates them. However, from memory MacDonald did put out a snarky tweet after the 4-4 which was a bit out of order, so probably deserved it tbh 

On that point, it should be mentioned that MacDonald has now scored more goals for and against us than Manny Duku has for Caley all season in the league. 

I absolutely love Tumilty immediately going off to shithouse at the opener too. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

On that point, it should be mentioned that MacDonald has now scored more goals for and against us than Manny Duku has for Caley all season. 

I absolutely love Tumilty immediately going off to shithouse at the opener too. 

That's my second favourite back heel after Gozie's against the Jambos.

46 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

An absolute joy to watch at the moment. Best team since the mid 90s

It’s not even that tho. Just the way the club is going. The infrastructure that’s starting to be put in place. John and Paul. Just magnificent. Me as a fan, just so grateful to have these guys at the helm. The work they put in. The way John speaks, he’s so passionate about the football club. It makes such a difference to the shite we have been served, almost basically since he left the first time round. 

I’ve obviously mentioned it before but as soon as it was mentioned that they were returning I just knew we were on the right track. I could see why some were sceptical but it’s never been in doubt. Never going to get it rig every single week but I think 10 games undefeated speaks volumes, and that couple with our performance last season suggests it was wholeheartedly the right way to go. 

6 minutes ago, Wardy said:

It’s not even that tho. Just the way the club is going. The infrastructure that’s starting to be put in place. John and Paul. Just magnificent. Me as a fan, just so grateful to have these guys at the helm. The work they put in. The way John speaks, he’s so passionate about the football club. It makes such a difference to the shite we have been served, almost basically since he left the first time round. 

I’ve obviously mentioned it before but as soon as it was mentioned that they were returning I just knew we were on the right track. I could see why some were sceptical but it’s never been in doubt. Never going to get it rig every single week but I think 10 games undefeated speaks volumes, and that couple with our performance last season suggests it was wholeheartedly the right way to go. 

Shut up, you'll have folk crying.

Disappointed to hear the 'paedo'/'sex offender' chants are still on the go, and more so that I've seen a couple of people on Twitter defending the chants as 'banter'.

There's so much positivity around the club - on and off the pitch - at the minute and it's a shame a few who don't know where to draw the line banter-wise could threaten to bring our name down.

2 hours ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Disappointed to hear the 'paedo'/'sex offender' chants are still on the go, and more so that I've seen a couple of people on Twitter defending the chants as 'banter'.

There's so much positivity around the club - on and off the pitch - at the minute and it's a shame a few who don't know where to draw the line banter-wise could threaten to bring our name down.

Find it bizarre that grown adults defend this pish. The club has done wonders to encourage kids along recently through things like the Roary Club and pricing, then they have to sit and listen to this garbage at games.  As others have said, so much positivity around the club and things to be proud of, but dragging the club down is a handful of morons who think that calling  someone a paedo is quality banter. 

It won't be Raith's fault but wtf is that angle for the highlights? Can't wait for that new gantry our now-chairman promised us almost three years ago now.

Suppose I should just be grateful that highlights are coming out of an Accies home game for the first time this season.

8 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

It won't be Raith's fault but wtf is that angle for the highlights? Can't wait for that new gantry our now-chairman promised us almost three years ago now.

Suppose I should just be grateful that highlights are coming out of an Accies home game for the first time this season.

They weren’t able to use the gantry but were kindly given a space in the main stand where they could film and took it. Actually took more basic camera equipment and stuff as well as didn’t think it was possible before arriving. Not our most ideal package, but definitely better than nothing or the Pixellot camera!

Edited by Roath Raver