Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

Not much to say apart from I'm absolutely scunnered with this team. Supporting Accies has always come with more than its fair share of lows but I can't remember it ever feeling this futile and like there's no way back.

Going to games every week now fully expecting a skelping and for most of the team to look like they've never seen a football before.

Firhill next week is going to be beyond bleak, thank God for the vast range of good pubs nearby as getting pished post match is about the only joy we get from Accies on a Saturday these days

Delighted with that. The best thing coming out of that is a second half in which we didn't defend like a Benny Hill sketch. The 4-4 has caused a lot of damage mentally and we've really struggled seeing games out. We have done so here and have also earned a rare clean sheet, which hopefully we take a lot of confidence from. 

Pleased to report the concerns over the midfield were unfounded. Hopefully Spencer has only taken a small knock. 

Aye, that's a great result coupled with some scores elsewhere which work in our favour. When we stuck on Benedictus for Varian, you knew McGlynn wanted to get us over the line without conceding a goal. The last clean sheet we kept was away to Morton in the middle of September. The second half was a bit of a non-event from the looks of things. Overall we looked far more assured in our passing and ability to find space. 

Great to see Musonda get another 90 under his belt. 

That's the most comfortable victory we'll probably have all season. Excellent stuff from the team. Some really lovely stuff and again solid at the back. Musonda looked far better this week and Ross stepped it up.

We're now becoming a tough team to beat and going 10 matches undefeated is some going in this league.

Really solid performance from us today. Good to see Tait back on form today and Ross looking more comfortable in that central role. Great to have serious competition for places now 2ith injuries and suspensions clearing up. 

Also a clean sheet!

14 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Pretty amazing that Stuart Taylor cancelled the Oli Shaw to Accies deal as he didnt think he would improve us.

Is this confirmed as being what happened?

I thought Killie had just come in at the last second and signed him from under our noses

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Unbeaten in 10. Just got a wee feeling about this season.

Aye, I've been quietly thinking the same. If we're still within touching distance of top spot come January then I hope Sim loosens the purse strings a bit as a few additions could have us seriously looking at making a push for a title win. I also think we've slipped under the radar a bit in terms of being potential title challengers which I'm not against in all honesty. 

8 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

Is this confirmed as being what happened?

I thought Killie had just come in at the last second and signed him from under our noses

Yep. Taylor said he told Accies to stop deal as was not what we needed.

1 hour ago, d_t_b said:

Not much to say apart from I'm absolutely scunnered with this team. Supporting Accies has always come with more than its fair share of lows but I can't remember it ever feeling this futile and like there's no way back.

Going to games every week now fully expecting a skelping and for most of the team to look like they've never seen a football before.

Firhill next week is going to be beyond bleak, thank God for the vast range of good pubs nearby as getting pished post match is about the only joy we get from Accies on a Saturday these days

Accies Deserve everything they get after last weeks ridiculous time wasting antics.

My new pet hate team 🖕

24 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I also think we've slipped under the radar a bit in terms of being potential title challengers which I'm not against in all honesty. 

Agree. The chat post match on Sportsound was a total Killie love-in. If you had no idea of the table, you’d think they were 15 points clear. Most of the pundits virtually handing them the title. 

They do have the most cash and biggest squad and may well kick into gear at some point, but they’ve lost to us, ICT and Thistle so far. No reason to think we can’t keep giving them a run for the money for the next few months at least. I think overall this squad is an upgrade on last seasons even with the loss of Hendry which I’d never thought I’d say. 

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Big plus today was the play of Ethan Ross in the number 10 role. And here was me thinking we'd signed another winger.

Honestly, the lad has that much raw natural ability I feel like McGlynn must be delighted he's back. Ross won't be perfect in that role every time, but he's got the awareness to be able to have games like today where he can sit deep and then get the break of a ball or find himself the space to get through on goal. I think we've won a watch by getting him back even with compensation fees. The three year deal means that we should be looking at a fee in the future. There's all the parallels to Regan Hendry. To think Ross could've ended up in league 1 with Queens Park too...

13 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Agree. The chat post match on Sportsound was a total Killie love-in. If you had no idea of the table, you’d think they were 15 points clear. Most of the pundits virtually handing them the title. 

They do have the most cash and biggest squad and may well kick into gear at some point, but they’ve lost to us, ICT and Thistle so far. No reason to think we can’t keep giving them a run for the money for the next few months at least. I think overall this squad is an upgrade on last seasons even with the loss of Hendry which I’d never thought I’d say. 

I think our season will hinge on how we handle our business in January. Varian and Tait are scheduled to return to their parent clubs. Last season, the players we brought in for the second half of the season weren't of the proper standard we needed (even though we were a bawhair away from finishing second). Abraham offered practically nothing. I'd forgotten Adam King existed until this morning. I can't even remember of the name of the centre half we brought in from Dundee United who barely played. Kai Kennedy was a big downgrade on Ethan Ross too. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Arbroath fans are total fucking weirdos.

Raith fully deserved that today. They are simply a much better team than us. Should be there or there abouts at the seasons end.

Can't even be arsed discussing Accies ATM. A team full of shitebags.

BTW ,why do Raith fans call everyone 'peados'? And sing about sex offenders? Strange, creepy behaviour.

A wee bunch of silly boys who have had this nonsense politely pointed out to them and to desist a week or two ago. The club really should be calling them out big time with zero tolerance. Ban them. The message will soon get through to them.😠😠

36 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Yes, for the play offs last season the Sportsound “experts” gave the Dees no chance. It’s, I’m disappointed to say, a Scottish phenomenon that those football experts  in the west dismiss with ignorant alacrity those pesky teams in the East. 

I genuinely hope that Raith Rovers win the Championship. Just hope we don’t pass you on the way down!