Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…

Here we go again…Monday afternoon and no match thread…the excitement is palpable. Accies are still fumbling around and the Rovers still like gifting goals in the last 20 minutes, what happens now? My prediction 1-2 Raith, with the Accies goal at the 89’ mark.

Edited by TxRover

Rovers to win comfortably. We already have Fulton, Popescu, Want, Spence, Martin, Winter and Templeton out injured and MacDonald and Hamilton off injured last week.

If we have to go with a back 4 of Mathieson, Stirling, Easton and Munro we will get hammered.

Can we change the title to the "Getting McGowan out your club" derby? Accies fans seem to be getting a bit more mobilised and vocal in their frustrations that he's in charge. If it's anything like ourselves, keep an eye on the planning permissions. But it definitely won't be his fault of course...

Can't see us dishing out any pumpings. Often with these types of games, fans build it up to be a shoe in for a pumping and then you see a heroic performance. Same happened with the Pars and Queens 

43 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

"Getting McGowan out your club"

Folk need to cut him a bit of slack, he's dislocated a shoulder patting himself on the back.

Supporters Update - Hamilton Academical Website (hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk)

Hoping Dick is fit to add a bit of stability at the back. Not knocking Frankie but defence seemed all over the place against Queens for some reason. I get Frankie needs minutes but if Dick is fit he should be straight back in at left back. Potentially have Bene back as well and we're pretty much at full strength minus Vaughan. Start Matthews as well please McGlynn. This could be the week we find ourselves with a decent bench for a change. 

If we lose a game I usually retreat home, shrug it off as one of those unfortunate results and get on with my evening with minimal issue. Rarely does us getting beat ruin my weekend like it would have done when I was a youngster. That first game of the season though... genuinely couldn't speak for the rest of the night and we hadn't even lost. Don't mind admitting it but it actually took me a good few weeks to shake that result off such was the absolute catastrafuck of it and the fact for 68 minutes we looked absolutely fookin outstanding. In fact it's completely scunnered me whenever we're well in front and concede a goal these days. f**k you Hamilton. 

13 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Folk need to cut him a bit of slack, he's dislocated a shoulder patting himself on the back.

Supporters Update - Hamilton Academical Website (hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk)

That clown is completely rewriting history - he didn't arrive at Hamilton in 2002 - he was at the Rovers until 2005.

Him and Danny Smith arrived at Stark's Park in the summer of 1999 with a five year plan to establish Rovers in the SPL, as it was then. Three years into their plan we'd been relegated to Division Two.

He was nowhere near Hamilton at the time they sold McCarthy and McArthur for big bucks.

He couldn't lie straight in a bed.

Edited by Specky Ginger

6 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

So I take it you can't buy tickets online?. Can away fans buy tickets at the club shop on the match day?

These were the arrangements for the Arbroath game, I don't see why they will differ for our visit.

Match Information: Arbroath - Hamilton Academical Website (hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk)

21 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

So I take it you can't buy tickets online?. Can away fans buy tickets at the club shop on the match day?

Dont expect any help from the Accies website or from anyone within the club. Our organisation for these things is embarrassing, worse than fecking amateurs. Sorry but if we manage to find out somehow we will update.

The club from top to bottom is a disgrace, my local under 10 team is better organised and more professional than the clowns that run our club.

Get Mcgown to feck away from the club

Easy 0-3 win Raith

• TxRover changed the title to Accies vs Raith…Part Deux, McGowen out or not…
5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Can we change the title to the "Getting McGowan out your club" derby? Accies fans seem to be getting a bit more mobilised and vocal in their frustrations that he's in charge. If it's anything like ourselves, keep an eye on the planning permissions. But it definitely won't be his fault of course...

Can't see us dishing out any pumpings. Often with these types of games, fans build it up to be a shoe in for a pumping and then you see a heroic performance. Same happened with the Pars and Queens 

It’s become a Pie and Bovril trope. ‘We’re shit, you’ll beat us easily’ Cue a 1-1 draw. 

Have bought my tickets for the game. I know many aren’t fans, but I enjoy games at Hamilton. One of those rare grounds where you can go to the pie stand and still watch the game. Feel like games like these will define our season. Going there and winning is the mark of a team that is going to challenge. Hopefully the team still have that opening day 4-4 in their heads and are looking to make amends. 2-1 Rovers

Hamilton scored four goals against us in the first game of the season - nothing really for them to fear here IMO. 

Provided he is fit, Matthews should start in midfield. I think the balance of the midfield against QoS was a bit off and whilst I can see what McGlynn was trying to do, think the midfield could do with a bit more presence. Matthews in for either Tait as a direct swap, or for one of Connolly/Ross/Zanatta if we change the shape.

Colin McGowan is a poisonous individual and may you remove him from the club ASAP.

Edited by Michael W