League One

3 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Decent. Surprised to see that you're the only person to include McCabe so far, given how much he strolls it.

Was thinking the same. Obviously Easton & Frizzel catch the eye of opposition fans with bits of individual skill. And more recently McInroy has been quality.

For me McCabe is our player of the season so far. Consistent performances week in week out, even when asked to play out of position. His range of passng is excellent. We've two Captains but if you didn't know watching us you'd think he was our Captain the way he organises everyone.

Morrison is the best player in the league by some distance tbf.

4 goals and 2 assists from his opening 5 matches. Has absolutely tormented any left back he has been up against this season (possibly apart from Quitongo at Airdrie) though we did play with 10 men for 45 minutes in that game.

Then he missed a penalty and got a bad injury and was taken off against QP which has kept him out for the last two and half months, but now he's back - coming off the bench on Saturday.

Our midfield is ok but he's largely surrounded by dross overall. It can't be easy when you've got Gary fucking Miller behind you as a fullback and only Michael Ruth to aim for up front.

We probably won't canter to the title or anything but we will improve significantly if he is starting every week from now on, demonstrated nicely with these stats:

With Morrison 90 minutes: P4 W3 D1* L0 F8 A3

Did not play: P7 W2 D2 L3 F8 A11

*1st game of the season at Cove when we were severely impacted by Covid 

Split in to a per game ratio, it's effectively halved our goals scored and doubled our goals conceded whilst he's been out. Really brings in to sharp focus just how terrible our recruitment has actually been under Holt so far.

2 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Nae denying Morrison is a good player but the best player I’ve seen at this level for some time is Liam Brown. If I had my pick of players in this league he’d be top of my list.

4 goals and 2 assists from his opening 5 matches. Has absolutely tormented any left back he has been up against this season (possibly apart from Quitongo at Airdrie) though we did play with 10 men for 45 minutes in that game.
Then he missed a penalty and got a bad injury and was taken off against QP which has kept him out for the last two and half months, but now he's back - coming off the bench on Saturday.
Our midfield is ok but he's largely surrounded by dross overall. It can't be easy when you've got Gary fucking Miller behind you as a fullback and only Michael Ruth to aim for up front.
We probably won't canter to the title or anything but we will improve significantly if he is starting every week from now on, demonstrated nicely with these stats:
With Morrison 90 minutes: P4 W3 D1* L0 F8 A3
Did not play: P7 W2 D2 L3 F8 A11
*1st game of the season at Cove when we were severely impacted by Covid 
Split in to a per game ratio, it's effectively halved our goals scored and doubled our goals conceded whilst he's been out. Really brings in to sharp focus just how terrible our recruitment has actually been under Holt so far.

Looking forward to you being top of the league soon

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Nae denying Morrison is a good player but the best player I’ve seen at this level for some time is Liam Brown. If I had my pick of players in this league he’d be top of my list.

Would agree, I think you’d struggle to find a more talented player at this level than Brown. He’ll definitely be playing in the SPL in years to come 

Based on what I’ve seen against QP, Goodwillie is still absolutely superb for this level. Ran our defence ragged earlier in the season and the quality of his first goal was nothing short of outstanding.  

Wullie Muir

Scott Taggart
Charlie Fox
Paul Dixon
Andrew Steeves

Dylan Easton
Liam Brown
Cammy Ballantyne

Callumn Morrison
David Goodwillie
Graham Webster

I think Dixon and Morrison are the only 2 Falkirk players that should come into contention here, potentially Telfer. But Nesbitt is nowhere near consistent enough, McCann has been shit most of the season, our 2 keepers absolutely no chance and Williamson has barley played over 60 minutes of league football with us not winning in any of the 3 games he’s played in.