Reasonably pleased with Morton's play up until 0-1. 

Had our fair share of chances and moved the ball reasonably well. Killie play in final 3rd was clear difference between the sides. 

In truth, Killie fairly comfortable throughout the 2nd half with a 2 goal cushion and happy to sit and press effectively when we were in possession. 

Goals change games, but we didn't take any of 3 or 4 decent chances that would have given us at least a say in this game. 

On 13/11/2021 at 15:50, Dunning1874 said:

Ever since that goal they've figured out that all they have to do is overload the left hand side and they'll definitely get chances, with the second being embarrassingly easy.

They’d figured it long before the first goal, which was always coming… and always down our left-hand side.

The Ghost of Ray Charles was  standing next to me in the Cowshed and he’d clocked it after about ten minutes. The fact that we were looking reasonable when we had the ball only disguised it until they actually scored.

On 13/11/2021 at 16:05, virginton said:

Did well for the first half hour, until Kilmarnock worked out that a very makeshift left hand side of the defence being 'protected' by Gary Oliver at left midfield (and no central midfield cover in our formation) was there to be got at. They then just overloaded that side time and time again - I don't think that Ledger had a kick on the other side of the park.

That the system needed to be urgently changed before it went to 0-2 was perfectly obvious to any sentient human being with the gift of sight, which meant that McPherson predictably failed the test by possessing only one of those two criteria. 

Absolutely right. So basic it’s absolutely fkn unbelievable that anybody vaguely connected with professional football couldn’t either see it or react.

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Setting up that way in the first place is one thing, refusing to change it when we're getting slaughtered like that is another. Losing comfortably today isn't a surprise, but there are ways to lose.

Last week ensures he'll (wrongly) cling on to the job until the Ayr game at least, but that was utter shite.

It was scandalous to watch it play out, before and after the first goal. But MacPherson should have been on it from the moment he saw the names ‘Burke’ and ‘Hodson’ on the teamsheets.

I’ve argued, rightly or wrongly, that his record will determine his fate… but making a total fool of himself in front of home crowds begins to make it feel inevitable, whether or not he can scrape a few points together.

23 hours ago, #Gary said:

Played ok for 30 mins. Chucked it after that.

I think every other manager in the league puts Ledger CB, Hynes RB, Strapp LB and Russell LM today. Not Gus though.

Again, absolutely right. And this is the guy who (presumably) agreed a two-year deal for Hynes within weeks of taking over; looks like we’d need to be down to 11 players before he gets a game, so why is he here?

Wild to be so scunnered after a game I didn’t expect us to win, but giving it up so easy - and then sounding like he really doesn’t believe we’re good enough to win games in the post-match interview - makes me think one or both of Ayr and QoS will find a way to beat us next month.

A routine gubbing at Kirkcaldy will take him right back into ‘verge of the sack’ territory… and on it goes.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

On 14/11/2021 at 09:25, Piehutt said:

Reasonably pleased with Morton's play up until 0-1. 

Had our fair share of chances and moved the ball reasonably well. Killie play in final 3rd was clear difference between the sides. 

In truth, Killie fairly comfortable throughout the 2nd half with a 2 goal cushion and happy to sit and press effectively when we were in possession. 

Goals change games, but we didn't take any of 3 or 4 decent chances that would have given us at least a say in this game. 

Think that's a fair summary. At 0-0, it could have gone either way. We had a couple of opportunities we should have taken to go ahead (most notably Polworth's) and we had Hemming to thank for keeping the scores level - and the woodwork. 

We did well to exploit the obvious weakness down the left hand side. Didnt want half time to come at 0-1 and felt once we got the second goal it was unlikely we would drop points. 

Think if we had continued to attack as much it could have been 3 or 4 but we seemed content with the 2 and focused on just not conceding in the first instance. 

I have to say it was my first ever “meh” visit to Cappielow, there was always a good atmosphere, a bit of needle and a Morton side that were able to win the game. 
Saturday was just a procession, even when Morton had a chance I didn’t feel any real worry, the stuffing appears to be well knocked out of them.

In many ways I blame SPFL &SFA who cast aside the teams relegated, it’s only now that Killie are down you can clearly see how little advertising and development assistance is provided from the Governing bodies.  We have a situation where Morton will never be allowed to create  a side like they did in the late 70’s early 80’s, nor will Thistle, Raith, Caley, Pars and god forbid, Killie,either.

Scottish football is purely set up for the PL, and even it is heavily weighted in favour of five teams, one place will maybe be up for grabs in future Top Six qualification, If Dundee United invest, then maybe no places.

Radical change is needed AGAIN, but some lower level Chairmen need to look a bit further ahead. 
Last point, it was nice of them to keep The Norseman in the same Nick as it was in the 80’s.