Queen’s Park v Clyde

1 hour ago, Gall09 said:

Has Billy Mortimer been playing for yous?

Was a regular at the start of the season but barely featured in the last couple of months bar a late sub appearance against Falkirk the game before last as Marky Munro was having a horror show.

He's shite.

Was a regular at the start of the season but barely featured in the last couple of months bar a late sub appearance against Falkirk the game before last as Marky Munro was having a horror show.
He's shite.

He is shite. Started out as a shite striker and finished as a shite full back. Could not believe it when Clyde signed him.

3 hours ago, Gall09 said:

He is shite. Started out as a shite striker and finished as a shite full back. Could not believe it when Clyde signed him.

This is what Danny Lennon had to say about Billy Mortimer on the day he signed for Clyde

"We’ve been looking for a right back with a lot of pace and energy. One that will neutralise the wide threats of the opposition all day long. We also want good technical ability in that key position and that spark in the modern full back to make things happen when called upon, whether it’s lifting their head to make a penetrating pass, make the kind of runs that cause the opposition problems, and very importantly, can make good deliveries into the box.

“Billy ticks all these boxes. We’ve done our due diligence on him, watched videos of his play, spoke with previous coaches, had him in for training and practice matches. We are very excited by what he can bring to the team in a very key area."

Sorry Danny, Billy ticks none of those boxes

This is what Danny Lennon had to say about Billy Mortimer on the day he signed for Clyde
"We’ve been looking for a right back with a lot of pace and energy. One that will neutralise the wide threats of the opposition all day long. We also want good technical ability in that key position and that spark in the modern full back to make things happen when called upon, whether it’s lifting their head to make a penetrating pass, make the kind of runs that cause the opposition problems, and very importantly, can make good deliveries into the box.
“Billy ticks all these boxes. We’ve done our due diligence on him, watched videos of his play, spoke with previous coaches, had him in for training and practice matches. We are very excited by what he can bring to the team in a very key area."
Frightening the pish Danny came out with on some of the summer signings. He would rather play anyone at right back rather than Billy "ticks all the boxes" Mortimer.

37 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:
2 hours ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Frightening the pish Danny came out with on some of the summer signings. He would rather play anyone at right back rather than Billy "ticks all the boxes" Mortimer.

He would rather play anyone at right back ahead of Marky Munro, who he signed because it was clear Mortimer wasn't good enough - That's more frightening

He would rather play anyone at right back ahead of Marky Munro, who he signed because it was clear Mortimer wasn't good enough - That's more frightening
Signed as competition for Monro.

Unfortunately the competition is who can perform the worst and that competition is hotly contested by both players.

20 hours ago, Zanetti said:

It's probably the closest thing to a derby in this league, regardless of how supporters of each team feel about it (personally I've always been pretty neutral when it comes to Clyde), and we now have a head of commercial operations whose job it is to get as many people interested in the club as possible so it makes sense that we'd try to use that to sell tickets.

And yet we all mocked Rangers when they invented “Glasgow’s Oldest Derby” when they were in L2. 😉

The only thing I remember form Chemistry at school was that when doing experiments you must have a constant and only change one element at a time. Last week's experiment with the defence, swapping Ferrie for Muir, was inconclusive. So this week Muir needs to return, as he's the constant, and another element gets changed. As both full backs have been consistent they are excluded from the experiment. That leaves Kilday and Morrison, who has been consistently good since his return. So swap Kilday for Fox and we'll see if that's the weak area.

I'm resorting to chemistry because logic and blindingly-obvious doesn't seem to be working.🤞

13 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

The only thing I remember form Chemistry at school was that when doing experiments you must have a constant and only change one element at a time. Last week's experiment with the defence, swapping Ferrie for Muir, was inconclusive. So this week Muir needs to return, as he's the constant, and another element gets changed. As both full backs have been consistent they are excluded from the experiment. That leaves Kilday and Morrison, who has been consistently good since his return. So swap Kilday for Fox and we'll see if that's the weak area.

I'm resorting to chemistry because logic and blindingly-obvious doesn't seem to be working.🤞

Muir was shown a red card at full-time last week, almost certain he will be suspended.

2 hours ago, Kenzie said:

Muir was shown a red card at full-time last week, almost certain he will be suspended.

I touched on it during one of my tedious musings after the East Fife game, but there’s a professionalism issue here. Two red cards for petulance in as many weeks. We simply cannot afford for guys to be doing that.

2 hours ago, Kenzie said:

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I know the club won't offer up the information, but I can't see any mention of it anywhere else either.

Not doubting you if you saw it happen, just dont see any record of it anywhere (tried the spfl website as I thought it might have recorded it)

Any ideas what the red card was given for?

17 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I know the club won't offer up the information, but I can't see any mention of it anywhere else either.

Not doubting you if you saw it happen, just dont see any record of it anywhere (tried the spfl website as I thought it might have recorded it)

Any ideas what the red card was given for?

It’s the SFA that does the disciplinary stuff. Last week’s offenders not yet listed….

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/player-suspensions/