Queen’s Park v Clyde

8 hours ago, I Zingari said:

Lee Kilday wasn't to be blamed for anything on Saturday. Part of the problem was that Queen's played the closing minutes of the game with a midfield that simply couldn't match the physicality of their opponents.

Keen observation. A closer look and we’ll see the discussion was about the last 3 games and not just Saturday. He’s actually been poor for almost 2 months since his return. Foxy should be starting with Morrison. 

9 hours ago, QPSpider1867 said:

Keen observation. A closer look and we’ll see the discussion was about the last 3 games and not just Saturday. He’s actually been poor for almost 2 months since his return. Foxy should be starting with Morrison. 

Using the same  logic according to the keyboard  warriors Bob Mchugh shouldn't have been  picked for the 3 games in which he scored 4 goals.

2 hours ago, spiders4ever said:

Using the same  logic according to the keyboard  warriors Bob Mchugh shouldn't have been  picked for the 3 games in which he scored 4 goals.

Charlie Fox has played in every single one of the five league games we’ve won this season. We’ve kept a clean sheet in four of them.

Kind regards,

A keyboard warrior 

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

Folk who give opinions that might differ from yours? Nae bother 

I didn't say that I  agreed or disagreed. I was simply pointing out that what keyboard warriors think isn't  necessarily correct and that they don't necessarily know  better than the manager.

9 minutes ago, spiders4ever said:

I didn't say that I  agreed or disagreed. I was simply pointing out that what keyboard warriors think isn't  necessarily correct and that they don't necessarily know  better than the manager.

What an outstanding observation. I feel all the better for that. Thank you.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Yeah I get it. You have no idea what a keyboard warrior actually is but have decided to use the term in an attempt to appear superior to us plebs who dare to give an honest opinion or show any sort of dissent.  

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Fans have opinions. That’s football. The manager’s job is to deliver results. It’s quite legitimate for people to ask questions when we’ve won two games from ten with a full-time squad, including three occasions in which we failed to win after leading going into the 90th minute.

The club has to ask itself if they are doing enough for Laurie Ellis as well. He’s gone from being an assistant to a coach who has to deal with budgets, agents, and every other issue that comes with management. There is nobody above him at the club with a football brain. Does he need some help to get the most out of his own ability? 

Edited by an86

5 hours ago, an86 said:

Fans have opinions. That’s football. The manager’s job is to deliver results. It’s quite legitimate for people to ask questions when we’ve won two games from ten with a full-time squad, including three occasions in which we failed to win after leading going into the 90th minute.

The club has to ask itself if they are doing enough for Laurie Ellis as well. He’s gone from being an assistant to a coach who has to deal with budgets, agents, and every other issue that comes with management. There is nobody above him at the club with a football brain. Does he need some help to get the most out of his own ability? 

Good point on Laurie. I've even taken to thinking with certain players, toward the higher end of the experience/salary scale, he's being instructed to get them on the park. January transfer window was never a consideration for us but it will be now. TBH, when he was appointed I immediately thought it was similar circumstances to Mark Roberts being shoed in until next stage of the plan was ready. Hope I'm wrong on that but he is very raw on big-chair experience and it's starting to show a bit.  

58 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Not great. No secure parking, just on the surrounding roads. Thistle fans warned us not to park in residential side street as some have been double-parked in. It's Maryhill!

And here’s me thinking double parking wouldn’t be the biggest danger when leaving your car in Maryhill for a couple of hours!

6 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

Why is this “the big one”? 

It's probably the closest thing to a derby in this league, regardless of how supporters of each team feel about it (personally I've always been pretty neutral when it comes to Clyde), and we now have a head of commercial operations whose job it is to get as many people interested in the club as possible so it makes sense that we'd try to use that to sell tickets.

1 hour ago, Zanetti said:

It's probably the closest thing to a derby in this league, regardless of how supporters of each team feel about it (personally I've always been pretty neutral when it comes to Clyde), and we now have a head of commercial operations whose job it is to get as many people interested in the club as possible so it makes sense that we'd try to use that to sell tickets.

Given we’re at opposite ends of the table it seems a little put on. 

Dare I say that this being at Firhill might work slightly in our favour than if it was at Hampden. QP win by two. 

Given we’re at opposite ends of the table it seems a little put on. 
Dare I say that this being at Firhill might work slightly in our favour than if it was at Hampden. QP win by two. 

Has Billy Mortimer been playing for yous?