Queen’s Park v Clyde

We have the players to win this one and it’s time we started utilising them properly. Two sitting midfielders, an isolated striker and a winger who can’t beat a man is not the way to go. If Clyde can stay in the game, i.e 2-0 down or less in the 90th minute, they might fancy nicking something.

It’s been a frustrating spell. We know this team can play. We’ve seen it and it’s been entertaining when they have. We need our best XI on the pitch and, ideally, playing in position.

Keep the predator quiet and that’s more than half the battle. Absolutely no excuses this weekend. We need a reaction from our recent home games. We’re capable of both blowing Clyde away and publicly pissing ourselves. Hopefully the former.

4 minutes ago, an86 said:

We have the players to win this one and it’s time we started utilising them properly. Two sitting midfielders, an isolated striker and a winger who can’t beat a man is not the way to go. If Clyde can stay in the game, i.e 2-0 down or less in the 90th minute, they might fancy nicking something.

It’s been a frustrating spell. We know this team can play. We’ve seen it and it’s been entertaining when they have. We need our best XI on the pitch and, ideally, playing in position.

Keep the predator quiet and that’s more than half the battle. Absolutely no excuses this weekend. We need a reaction from our recent home games. We’re capable of both blowing Clyde away and publicly pissing ourselves. Hopefully the former.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. Sounds easy but Laurie seems to be making it hard for himself. By any account we should be winning this one but based on present form I am nervous. I really do hope that our best players are played in their best positions, loyalty goes out the window now and we take this game by the scruff of its neck. If we do that we really can record a decent win. If that happens I would then be looking for mostly unchanged teams for the foreseeable future. Only when Quitongo and Baynham are available should major decisions have to be made barring injuries of course. I would include Grant but I have no information on his situation. 

If Laurie Ellis has any sense, he needs to realise that for this particular fixture, playing two defensive midfielders is utter stupidity. We’ll arguably have large amounts of possession throughout with Clyde being stuffy and hard to beat. Literally this is the game that will suit Connell to the ground with his wand of a left foot from set pieces and long range. 

Secondly, please please play Charlie Fox. I can’t understand for the life of me why he isn’t playing yet Lee Kilday is. Does Ellis not realise our best defensive performances consisted of Morrison and Fox ? They compliment each other very well with one being an absolute unit whilst the other has fantastic recovery pace. 

I feel for Longstaff tbh, he came on and made an impact against Dumbarton and has shown a couple decent touches in his limited minutes, yet Lewis Moore was brought back from Siberia to start all of sudden against East Fife, which was baffling. Really hoping Saturday is his big chance 

It’s been mentioned already but we could either blow Clyde away or bottle it big time. 

Would go for this: 

Ferrie 

Doyle            Morrison          Fox         Robson

Gillespie    
                Brown                     Connell

Longstaff               McHugh          Longridge 

Edited by qpfc

Agree with most of the above. Could make a case for Smith as well, but Longstaff needs games.

Brown and Connell are two of the best footballers at the club. Let them play football and trust Gillespie, Morrison and Fox to protect what’s going on behind them. Longridge, Doyle and Robson can all create, as can Smith and hopefully Longstaff, whichever one plays. McHugh is also in the best form he’s been in at the club. He was knocking the ball down to nobody on Saturday because our midfield was so deep. Let these guys play to their strengths. Thomson and Gillespie in the same team, attempting to do what effectively seems to be the same job makes no sense and kills fluidity.

10 hours ago, qpfc said:

If Laurie Ellis has any sense, he needs to realise that for this particular fixture, playing two defensive midfielders is utter stupidity.

Never a truer word written.

Alloa done that against us as well. Bad decision. Especially if they'd watched us.

I’ll feel a lot more confident with Fox marking Goodwillie than I would Kilday. Just don’t understand what Fox has done to merit being dropped. Like I said, Ellis seems to be very, very stubborn and I fear we’re gonnae see Thomson and Moore both starting again on Saturday just as a middle finger to the support.

Connell and Brown in front of Gillespie. [emoji120]

We know the threat. It's one guy. Manage him and get the job done Queen's.

Until the last two months, it's all been relatively rosy for this squad in the league. Comfortable title win in L2 then a good start in L1. Let's see the characters and leaders stand up now we're on a poor run.   

Agree with most QP fans that we want one sitting midfielder (Gillespie btw!) and as a result more fire power and aggression moving forward. Perhaps hard to justify after conceding 8 goals in three games. Lee Kilday is to blame for that but only in part.   

26 minutes ago, QPSpider1867 said:

We know the threat. It's one guy. Manage him and get the job done Queen's.

Until the last two months, it's all been relatively rosy for this squad in the league. Comfortable title win in L2 then a good start in L1. Let's see the characters and leaders stand up now we're on a poor run.   

Agree with most QP fans that we want one sitting midfielder (Gillespie btw!) and as a result more fire power and aggression moving forward. Perhaps hard to justify after conceding 8 goals in three games. Lee Kilday is to blame for that but only in part.   

Lee Kilday wasn't to be blamed for anything on Saturday. Part of the problem was that Queen's played the closing minutes of the game with a midfield that simply couldn't match the physicality of their opponents.

18 minutes ago, I Zingari said:

Lee Kilday wasn't to be blamed for anything on Saturday. Part of the problem was that Queen's played the closing minutes of the game with a midfield that simply couldn't match the physicality of their opponents.

Not directly responsible for the goal, but he was one of the ones who contributed to the panic that led to it. Connell’s sloppy in possession, the ball is played into the box where Kilday should deal with it, but he loops in into the sky, where it falls to an East Fife player. I then think Ferrie should be quicker out to smother it, but redeems himself by pulling off a good save. We then stupidly concede from the corner.

Edited by an86