ICTFC v DAFC

I think in 2007 I was kind of excited to go down and play some new teams....little did I know... 

We were Scottish cup finalists at the time, we had some big names in the squad and managerial maestro Stephen Kenny. There was a real arrogance/expectation that we would stroll the first division in the 07/08 season and come back to the top flight stronger. The club were so arrogant that we played a friendly v Man Utd in between the 1st and 2nd league games that season.

Relegation was disappointing at the time, but I don’t think anyone expected it to take us 4 seasons to return - even when we did return, it was a horrific return. We had a 6 game spell, where we won 5 just before being relegated and it seemed like Kenny’s team were starting to click, just a little too late to save us. A few months later we lost 5-0 to Hamilton, 3-0 to Stirling and 4-0 to Livi in consecutive games.

If someone told me in summer 2007, that we would register one top flight home win in the next 15 years, I wouldn’t have taken that seriously at all. Then again, if someone told me a year ago that St Johnstone would win the double, I wouldn’t have believed that.

Getting déjà vu from the thread earlier this season where we were apparently going to win easily. In the end we were lucky not to lose. I'd like to think we will get an important three points but I am certainly not counting any chickens... 

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Getting déjà vu from the thread earlier this season where we were apparently going to win easily. In the end we were lucky not to lose. I'd like to think we will get an important three points but I am certainly not counting any chickens... 

A draw is our best hope and even that is pretty unlikely.

20 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Season 2 Comedy GIF by Everything's Gonna Be Okay

We played Dunfermline at home three times that season for some reason and I remember De Vries being excellent up to that point.  Terrible for time wasting though.  Hard to believe there was over 6,000 at that game.

Edit - Just looked up the match report and I remembered McAllister's goal taking a huge deflection.  Hadn't realised it was off Phil McGuire who signed for us the following season and was absolutely terrible.

Edited by Highland Capital

6 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We’ll just ignore the fact you’re 2nd in the table, one point off the top and currently enjoy a gaping 18-point lead over us?

You probably haven't had the opportunity or pleasure to witness the last raft of games. If you had you would be girding your loins for yet another afternoon of glimpsing shafts of light amongst the oppressive gloom.

Also, if Dunfermline can take advantage of the gift per game that our goalie delivers, the three points are tangible indeed.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Also, if Dunfermline can take advantage of the gift per game that our goalie delivers, the three points are tangible indeed.

Don't try and out keeper us. That is a battle you will lose. 

You probably haven't had the opportunity or pleasure to witness the last raft of games. If you had you would be girding your loins for yet another afternoon of glimpsing shafts of light amongst the oppressive gloom.
Is it still Ridgers? Think I'd maybe, just maybe, have him over Fonners and Mehmet.

Just maybe mind.

2 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Is it still Ridgers? Think I'd maybe, just maybe, have him over Fonners and Mehmet.

Just maybe mind.

Yes, yes it is he.

He's got one yikes moment per game, every game just at the moment. It seems to me to be a concentration issue, which really shouldn't be associated with a man of his experience. I then think of OFW, I get down on my knees, give thanks for what we have and pray that the really bad times never return.

18 hours ago, RiG said:

Andrew Dallas takes charge of this one. I haven't seen him mentioned recently. Has he had a break from officiating? 

He has only called three Championship games this season, nothing else. Accies vs Ayr and Raith vs Partick in September and QoS vs Morton in late October. Makes you wonder if he was ill, though he did only call 10 matches last season too, almost all Premiership. More likely he’s stepping back from refereeing after the horrendous mess of 2018/2019 that led to resigning for FIFA duties.

Amusingly, it they give him Killie vs Arbroath on the 20th, he’ll have seen all 10 teams in 5 matches.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

He has only called three Championship games this season, nothing else. Accies vs Ayr and Raith vs Partick in September and QoS vs Morton in late October. Makes you wonder if he was ill, though he did only call 10 matches last season too, almost all Premiership. More likely he’s stepping back from refereeing after the horrendous mess of 2018/2019 that led to resigning for FIFA duties.

Amusingly, it they give him Killie vs Arbroath on the 20th, he’ll have seen all 10 teams in 5 matches.

What is his favourite colour?