WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

We avoided Poland and then Italy and Portugal. The latter 2 away and we could have all but ended the discussion. 

Ukraine will be tough but even North Macedonia would not have been a pushover.

Disappointed in the away draw for the final but we have won in Vienna and we would have a chance in Cardiff. Plus losing to either at Hampden would be worse than away. In some ways having an away final lifts the pressure a wee bit. For Wales surely they would hold it at the Millenium stadium which you would hope that would allow up to 15,000 Scots to get along. Could be messy 🍻 

Even being away in Russia would have been a tough ask.  

22 minutes ago, BFTD said:

The Ukraine semi is definitely ending in a draw, probably 1-1.

Steve Clarke probably on the phone right now telling the players to get practicing those penalties.

That’ll do. Then beat Wales on penalties too.

As good as draw as we were likely to get. Pity about the 2nd round being away from home. But we've already beaten Austria away and as for Wales , i don't see it being that much different from playing at Wembley last year in which we acquitted ourselves pretty well.

8 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Maybe not ya beauty but what are you wanting when we could have had Italy Portugal or Russia

just didnt want scotland facing wales, i care a little bit and wish them well, but i don't wear tartan tinted glasses, the welsh are a better side than scotland, even with a handicapped bet giving us a goal of a start, i'd still take the welsh over us.

just didnt want scotland facing wales, i care a little bit and wish them well, but i don't wear tartan tinted glasses, the welsh are a better side than scotland, even with a handicapped bet giving us a goal of a start, i'd still take the welsh over us.

Yeah, and Denmark are better than Scotland.

What's your point?

3 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

I know Forth is in a different time zone but FFS it isn't 2016. 

Man for man we should beat Wales.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That’ll do. Then beat Wales on penalties too.

Only if Craig Gordon wins the shootout with a save from the edge of the six-yard box.

After several minutes, VAR rules no infringement  :thumsup2

25 minutes ago, Aufc said:

If wales are minus Gareth bale then I’m confident we could win in Cardiff. If he plays then obviously more difficult. However, ukraine first. I fucking hate them so hopefully pump them

Cheers Vlad, we'll do our best. 

Obviously a home final would have been massive, but the draw has been very kind imo.  It's given us neither of the 2 best non seeds, and neither of the 2 top pot 1 sides.  The away draw is also not halfway across Europe.

We've beat better teams than all of these lot under Clarke, let's just hope for luck with injuries between now and the draw