WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

13 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

the delusion in this thread knows no bounds, at least scotland don't need to bother about the human rights debate

I preferred when you argued that Steve Bruce was a better manager than David Moyes. The self-loathing is less embarrassing on the EPL thread.

4 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Anyone saying we've no chance is either wallowing in self loathing or has not been paying attention for two years. Ukraine won two games in qualifying and nothing like as good as they were, we've already won in Vienna and Wales are hardly the team that fluked a Euros Semi Final

not been paying attention the last 40 years, we've a chance, but does it merit posts like ''ya beauty'' 

Where are people getting that Ukraine are good from? They drew away in Kazakhstan 2 months ago and lost to Austria at the Euros. We’ll be favourites to beat them. Wales v Austria is up there with as good a draw as we could’ve had, only disappointment in the entire draw is being away second leg. 

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I preferred when you argued that Steve Bruce was a better manager than David Moyes. The self-loathing is less embarrassing on the EPL thread.

so because i wouldnt open the curtains to shite you think is fantastic, its ''self loathing'' ?

82a3827d5beed3c946cba10d43f8ac7b.gif.83270deb532e24d3d04c5398628e3448.gif

5 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

not been paying attention the last 40 years, we've a chance, but does it merit posts like ''ya beauty'' 

Maybe not ya beauty but what are you wanting when we could have had Italy Portugal or Russia

6 minutes ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

anyone else gobsmacked eufa didn't somehow manage to keep Italy and Portugal apart? that's at least one of them not going to the world cup now!

They forgot to consult the SFA on the ball warming procedure, clearly!

That could have been far, far worse. A couple of tough games but nothing that we should fear. Ukraine had a mental qualifying campaign - undefeated but also only won 2 games. They drew twice with France but also twice with Kazakhstan so I've no idea what to expect from them. 

The away draw for the final is a bit annoying but we know we can win in Austria and I genuinely believe we have a better squad than Wales. Quietly confident. 

7 minutes ago, AuAl said:

What's the script with SSC. If they only get one ticket will it not be tricky for people to get tickets together?

You can buy them for others in the SSC at the same time. I.e I’ll buy the ticket for both me and my friend, I link to their details and membership number when buying them so the ticket is in their name and they accrue the points. It means you can buy seats together though.