WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

1 minute ago, accies1874 said:
3 minutes ago, forameus said:
I wonder if they'll stick to Cardiff City Stadium or take the bigger scene...would they prefer a smaller guaranteed crowd with a smaller away support or chase the money?

Somecunt on here said they'll be staying where they are if they make the final.

I'd edge towards saying that would be better for them, and definitely worse for us.  Much smaller allocation.  

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Wales Scotland (should we make it) would be epic at the Millennium Stadium. Could get 20,000 away fans in the ground easy.

It's by no means certain it'll be there.  Wales are playing their games at Cardiff's stadium, and I doubt they'd be up for giving us a much bigger away allocation by moving the game.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

The Ukraine semi is definitely ending in a draw, probably 1-1.

Steve Clarke probably on the phone right now telling the players to get practicing those penalties.

Would win penalty shoot outs in our sleep. Easy. 

Anyone saying we've no chance is either wallowing in self loathing or has not been paying attention for two years. Ukraine won two games in qualifying and nothing like as good as they were, we've already won in Vienna and Wales are hardly the team that fluked a Euros Semi Final

Tough draw, but of course it is - every team either finished second in their group or won a nations league.

I’m just going to focus on the fact that Denmark are degrees better than all three of Ukraine, Wales and Austria. Will be very tough, but that performance against Denmark needs to be the new normal. Replicate that twice more and we’ll have a very good chance.

Edited by bleedingums

Said it before the Euro Playoffs as well but it's pish that the highest remaining seeded side do not get to play the final at home.

I get that Austria in particular are a unique situation for us, but that we, as a seeded side, potentially have to travel to play a one-off tie against a side we not only drew and beat in the group stage, but finished 7 points above, is a bit crap.