WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

Ukraine will be difficult if they manage to reverse the aging process and bring back Shevchenko and Tymoschuk for the playoffs. Otherwise we should be fine.

Theres half a chance they’ll be annexed by Russia and we’ll get a bye.

Remember sitting in work for the Euros playoff draw, feeling absolutely gutted we got a potential away draw in the final.

That turned out not bad, didn't it?  f**k it, we can win in Cardiff and we've already won in Vienna.  Let's get past Ukraine then we're 90 minutes from the World Cup.

Not sure who I'd really want in the final if we get there. As has been said, we've already won in Austria so it can be done. Wales will obviously have a noisy support but then we'll take far more to Wales (allocation allowing) than Austria so I doubt the Scottish support will be drowned out.

It could have been a lot worse overall. I'd much rather be heading to Wales or Austria than Italy or Portugal.