WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

8 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not sure where the optimism is that Hungary might beat Poland comes from. I know they stole a point at Wembley but I've seen nothing from the serial racists to suggest they are capable of taking anything from Poland. If we're going to be seeded with a point we need Belgium to win and the Dutch group to come good.

Had to happen didnt it. 😄

I don’t think Dykes gets back in the team based on the last two games due to the slight formation change working a treat. We’ve got to stick with McGinn out on the right with Christie or Armstrong on the left behind Adams.

I love McGinn but he’s out of position so many times when he’s meant to be in the centre but he has been smashing in the role on the right in the last two games. The ball in for Adams to head back across to Armstrong was just jizz.

3 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not taking the first game for granted (of course I am) but the horror of getting drawn away to the likes of Italy/Portugal in the final is haunting me already!

Going to bed tonight dreaming of taking apart the European Champions at Hampden  :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Seeded 6 currently Portugal, Scotland, Italy, Russia, Sweden and Poland...

..........think there's potential after the Tuesday night Fitbaw for Wales and Turkey to edge out Sweden and Poland.

Hopefully not. I would rather either of those two than Sweden or Poland. 

13 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Seeded 6 currently Portugal, Scotland, Italy, Russia, Sweden and Poland...

..........think there's potential after the Tuesday night Fitbaw for Wales and Turkey to edge out Sweden and Poland.

I reckon Wales will get the point they need to overtake Poland. Don’t see Turkey beating Montenegro with more than 4 goals. 

Most likely unseeded IMO:

Poland - 50/50

Czech Republic - 50/50

Ukraine - 55/45

Turkey - 55/45

Macedonia - 70/30

Austria - 60/40

Will all be tight games decided by small margins IMO. 

As much as the likes of Portugal & Italy have looked poor of late - form is temporary - and they have far and away the best players. Avoid they 2 and the draws been a success I’d suggest.