WORLD CUP PLAY-OFFS: the Scottish balls-up scenario. It couldn't happen, could it?!

nate

17 minutes ago, immcinto said:

No both on 15 points. 

What on earth are you doing on Fox Sports......have a wee look at the flags used for England Scotland and Wales.....jeeso

11 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

No both on 15 points. 

What on earth are you doing on Fox Sports......have a wee look at the flags used for England Scotland and Wales.....jeeso

Only place I could find the data... So Patterson YC doesn't count because Moldova are 6th?

If Scotland draw 1-1 and Wales draw 0-0 then the ranking will depend on disciplinary record. Anyone know what the respective records are? Does Scotland having played 2 more games get taken into account?

It's away goals before disciplinary record and Wales would beat us on that.

Important games 

Sun

Croatia - Russia 
Spain - Sweden
Portugal - Serbia

Mon

Scotland - Denmark
Switzerland - Bulgaria
Northern Ireland - Italy
Poland - Hungary

Tue

Bosnia - Ukraine
Wales - Belgium
Czech Republic - Estonia
Montenegro - Turkey
Netherlands - Norway
Finland - France

I'm choosing to resign to the fact that we will be unseeded by the end of the qualifiers simply because it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just want to be able to enjoy tomorrow night at Hampden and celebrate at the very least actually making it to the play-offs. If we do somehow pull it off and make the plays-offs as a seeded team it would just be an added bonus. 

I'm choosing to resign to the fact that we will be unseeded by the end of the qualifiers simply because it wouldn't be the end of the world. I just want to be able to enjoy tomorrow night at Hampden and celebrate at the very least actually making it to the play-offs. If we do somehow pull it off and make the plays-offs as a seeded team it would just be an added bonus. 

Yep, you’d have fans almost expecting us to win at home.
Guess what usually ends up happening……

Ps. We are definitely going to Wales aren’t we?…..

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Yep, you’d have fans almost expecting us to win at home.
Guess what usually ends up happening……

Ps. We are definitely going to Wales aren’t we?…..

Written in the stars, mate. And do you know what? At this moment in time, I think I'd take that. 

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

So we’re supporting Russia, Portugal and Spain today. Not bad.

Are we only preferring Portugal because we’d much rather run into Serbia than Portugal in the playoffs? I don’t think that group has any implication on seeding now. 

16 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Are we only preferring Portugal because we’d much rather run into Serbia than Portugal in the playoffs? I don’t think that group has any implication on seeding now. 

100%. Though Ireland managed to get a draw against Portugal, so it’s not the challenge it once was.