Arbroath v Queens

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just imagining all these Amish type folk loving down in Dumfriesshire. Seriously how is this conversation still going 

1408 attendance on Saturday which is decent considering that’ll be by far our smallest away support

It's probably still going because you came on and asked if anyone travelled and didn't get in because of the ticketing arrangements. 

Edit to add: You've got a problem if you spend your time imagining about  Amish folk "loving" down in Dumfries. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's probably still going because you came on and asked if anyone travelled and didn't get in because of the ticketing arrangements. 

And then Lichtie78 asked there again and there is still no answer 😂 

I’d find it hard to believe anyone would be refused especially if they’ve come up from Dumfries ffs.

10 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

You are aware that there are other matters to consider in the current environment?

Arbroath (and Queens) are in an odd situation. Neither of us normally have more than 4999 people in our stadia on a match day (that figure includes staff, police, players etc), so we do not need to have covid passport checks in place. However. both our stadia have capacities in excess of 5000. If more that 5000 people attend an outside event, Covid checks are still a legal requirement.

AFC will have discussed this with Angus Council, and will have contingency plans in place if total attendance approaches 5000. I would not be surprised if Angus Council have insisted that all payments be made in advance, and will have asked AFC to discourage walk-up attendees. 

You state "If you are still selling online up to kick off then there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to sell walk ups too." That's apart from the additional costs to the club in manning this ticket desk, of course.

Your point about all-ticket games being a straw man is also a straw man. Arbroath can set their own conditions regarding purchasing tickets in advance. They publicised these conditions and if QotS did not publicise this decision to their fans, I would suggest that QotS are the guilty party.

I fully intend to check the Killie website this week, and will comply with any (and all) restrictions on purchase of tickets for the away end. I would encourage all QotS fans to adopt the same approach in future. 

More absolutely laughable whataboutery.

Firstly, the limit for a Covid passport check on a standing ground is 4,000, not 5,000. The fact that you can't get that basic issue right highlights largely why the rest of your post is utter rubbish too.

Arbroath can organise their game whatever way they wish, don't think anyone's suggested they can't. However the crowd on Saturday was 1,400 odds and you have to go back to a home game against Dundee United, pre Covid, to find an attendance at Gayfield exceeding 4,000 so gie's peace with your deflection and lets not pretend this discussion has the slightest thing to do with ensuring Covid numbers aren't breached. It doesn't.

For what it's worth, Arbroath did not inform Queen of the South of the conditions for buying tickets at all. Never the less, the person who wrote our match preview for the game did research it, find out the details and publish it in advance on our website. Of course, if you don't use online resources in the first place, publishing it online has very limited potential to help. But you know this.

I've already said I wouldn't travel anywhere in the current environment without checking out the method for getting tickets to the game. It's perfectly clear a number of clubs have changed their methods for entry since Covid. It's also perfectly reasonable however for people to comment and discuss this issue. Some Arbroath fans have chosen to be complete smug sarcastic arses about the whole thing. That says more about them to be honest.

I feel compelled to apologise to Queens on behalf of our club.

1. Sorry for being a progressive club, embracing technology in these unique times.

2. Sorry for not being "the sort of place" bigger clubs such as yourselves don't leave with all 3 points. 

3. Sorry for not following the Queens model for a superb modern stadium with excellent facilities. 

We've clearly got things badly wrong both off and on the pitch. 

1. Sorry for being a progressive club, embracing technology in these unique times.
2. Sorry for not being "the sort of place" bigger clubs such as yourselves don't leave with all 3 points. 
3. Sorry for not following the Queens model for a superb modern stadium with excellent facilities. 

Point 2 - AJ still living in your head years after?

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Some Arbroath fans have chosen to be complete smug sarcastic arses about the whole thing. That says more about them to be honest.

24 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

🙄

40 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Oooooft. 

On 13/11/2021 at 18:58, Broath Boy said:

There’s definitely a player in Donnelly (feet) but by fuk we need more out of him, striker that got zip this season, he’s had a number of starts but no rewards, need more.

You know hes playing out on the left though eh. 

Think the big man is going what is asked of him n that role. Hence why hes getting the run hes getting. 

This season 5 starts 3 goals at the start of the season and then dropped for a month.

Good to see him getting some time, all be it in a weird position.

I think expecting goals from the position hes playing in isnt going to happen.

We aint seeing much goals from Nouble either or any other striker.

I would keep Mckenna where he is though, i wouldnt play him up top, even if he is the most composed of finishers, i think were getting the best out of him in the role hes in.

16 minutes ago, Lichteeeeee said:

… I think expecting goals from the position hes playing in isnt going to happen.

The position he was playing on Saturday had nothing to do with his 2 really poor misses. Blootering it over the bar from 6 yards out and trying to round the keeper instead of hitting it low and early. 

I’ll support anyone who plays for us but my patience has worn incredibly thin with him. What exactly is he meant to be - striker, creative midfielder, winger? He’s undoubtably got talent but I would argue that he’s non of those. He was brought in as a striker but according to Wikepedia (not always reliable) he has scored a grand total of 6 goals for us, that’s maybe not accurate but it’s certainly under 10 goals - in 2.5 seasons. 

2 hours ago, DUAFC said:

State of this 😂