Arbroath v Queens

😂😂😂😂

what were you watchin? Soft fouls to Arbroath. That is genuinely blown my mind

Noubke quiet? He put about 7 on a plate 

Harsh on either side to lose? Aye queens could’ve had 3 or 4 goals but we could’ve had about 10

as frustrating as last week

9 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

He certainly gave some soft fouls to Arbroath, yes.

Both sides had really good chances to win that, so it would have been harsh on either side to lose.

Frustrating that Queens, once again, sat so deep after going a goal ahead only to, inevitably, concede an equaliser. Also a bit baffled as to why we played the ball on the ground when Cameron was up front yet decide to start punting it forward to Roy after Cameron moved out wide.

That was probably Debayos best game at centre back and him at McKay kept Nouble pretty quiet. Unfortunately, Arbroath have plenty of other quality in the team!

Exciting game, and it was good to see two teams really going for it at the end. 
I thought Cameron was having a poor game, easily looked after by the Arbroath defence, then he pops up with a goal. Then he misses that chance…

Ally Roy brought an edge to our attack that had been missing.

Defended stoutly and rode our luck a bit, just seemed to be getting over-run in midfield.

Draw probably fair. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Harsh on either side to lose? Aye queens could’ve had 3 or 4 goals but we could’ve had about 10

The ref was pretty petty tbh. If we had lost that at the end it would have been harsh. It wasn't as if it was one way traffic. Arbroath certainly created more than us but we squandered good chances as well. If you create that many chances and don't take them you get exactly what you deserve. I said the exact same last weekend when we battered Raith.

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watched on a shitty Pixelot stream

The video quality on the feed I watched was absolutely top quality.  The same cannot be said about the quality of the finishing.  Dowds and Donnelly were woeful. 

Just now, Hammerafc said:
32 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:
Luke Donnelly should have had thst game won. So incredibly frustrating 

That was miss of the season.

No idea why he has got it so hard? Just a side foot on target and it’s in the net 

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

😂😂😂😂

If you're suggesting the ref favoured Queens then this conversation is definitely over.

Nouble absolutely tore us apart earlier in the season and has done so to plenty of other defences.. He didnt today so, yes, he was quiet.

1 minute ago, DUAFC said:

The video quality on the feed I watched was absolutely top quality.  The same cannot be said about the quality of the finishing.  Dowds and Donnelly were woeful. 

The video quality was fine on the main stream. I did think they were zoomed in too tight, though, so it was difficult to really follow play.

8 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

If you're suggesting the ref favoured Queens then this conversation is definitely over.

Nouble absolutely tore us apart earlier in the season and has done so to plenty of other defences.. He didnt today so, yes, he was quiet.

The video quality was fine on the main stream. I did think they were zoomed in too tight, though, so it was difficult to really follow play.

Agreed on the stream. It was fine but could have benefited from a slightly wider perspective. Finlay absolutely carried the commentary though rather than being the 'guest'.

Ref let the game flow and generally did fine. No complaints from me. I thought Nouble was as difficult to deal with as first time but lacked an end product. He also lacked Nicky Low unpicking a defence for him. McKay dealt with him ok. Debayo struggled for me and Nditi had his worst game for us. 

Brynn was clearly our best player. I dont think we remotely 'stole' a point but like us last week against Raith, Arbroath will rightly feel they had the best of it and should have won. We carried a threat always after the first 20 mins or so though and could easily have nicked the win too. Cameron should certainly score near the end.

17 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

No idea why he has got it so hard? Just a side foot on target and it’s in the net 

Unfortunately Donnelly and Dowds, both need to many chances to score, both should scored last week and both should have scored today

1 minute ago, stan3600 said:

I love Nouble but the same applies to him - and he’ll get criticism for that when he plays for Livi.

but the difference is, Noubz has the wow factor, neither of the other two do

2 minutes ago, stan3600 said:

I love Nouble but the same applies to him - and he’ll get criticism for that when he plays for Livi.

Yep, watched him closely today after being very impressed at Palmerston. He is brilliant at hold up play and bringing others into play. Good touch, telescopic legs. Our defenders had clearly decided trying to nick the ball in front of him was the tactic and on a lot of occasions they did. But he still got on the ball because he reached out a long leg and brought the ball in before the defender could get round him for a 2nd touch. He has a decent short pass and would be the perfect partner for a 'Dobbie' type. 

But his shooting isnt great. A bit snatchy and mostly off target or too slow to get it away. He's not perfect. But he is the best forward in this division.

Arbroath piled the pressure on but queens always looked dangerous on the break. Our set pieces really need worked on and we seem to need 10+ chances to score just now. Dowds and stewart were class in the first half and nouble was really dangerous in the second. Less said about that donnelly miss the better.

Arbroath piled the pressure on but queens always looked dangerous on the break. Our set pieces really need worked on and we seem to need 10+ chances to score just now. Dowds and stewart were class in the first half and nouble was really dangerous in the second. Less said about that donnelly miss the better.

Our set pieces are great with Nicky Low and/or Bobby Linn on the pitch. McKenna next best but not very good.

That was really frustrating should have been a comfotable win with the number of chances we had. Can't fault the effort from the players they put in another hard shift and came roaring back when we lost the goal. Nouble was great again and McKenna is a machine and a cooly taken goal. Some day we're gonna start converting these chances we make.