Arbroath v Queens

36 minutes ago, Lichtie78 said:

Don’t even know whether I’d keep Dowds beyond January never mind have him as our first choice striker. Very confident we will replace Nouble with another loanee anyway.

First few appearances he was miles off it but since he's come into the team he has looked better each game. Thought he was really good on Saturday. I'm sure DC will be looking at a Nouble replacement but don't mind Dowds as an option at all.

Lewis Vaughan and Nicky Low are two players who have bags of quality. Normally in football (particularly Scottish) you love to hate those type of players. I can't say I have any ill feeling towards either though and am usually pretty gutted for them when I hear they are yet again crocked.

Hopefully Low is back training soon enough.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lewis Vaughan and Nicky Low are two players who have bags of quality. Normally in football (particularly Scottish) you love to hate those type of players. I can't say I have any ill feeling towards either though and am usually pretty gutted for them when I hear they are yet again crocked.

Hopefully Low is back training soon enough.

Back training and 2-3 weeks till back in the team. Article in the courier about it. I can’t believe how well we’ve coped without him, 100 percent our main man beforehand.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I look every week now. Always think it’s at it’s worst around this time of year and then again in February / March. Usually get about 3 / 4 bad days a season and we’ve not had one yet.. 

We've been a bit lucky so far this season, a few Saturday's we've been away from home it's been howling a gale in Arbroath.

Oh aye it was windy against Killie 🤔 

2 hours ago, Arbroath36.0! said:

Obviously no been to Dunbarton or East Fife before emoji6.png

Took the wife with me to a cup tie at East Fife a good few years back. It was early in January, was bitter cold with freezing rain sheeting in from the Forth. The game was shite and we spent the match huddled up the back of the stand trying and failing to keep warm. She never spoke to me for three days after that ...... still we won the cup tie, what's not to like, eh?

Healthy ventilation in public venues is now widely recommended/prescribed - Gayfield’s been ahead of that curve for yonks.  …… not to mention, its natural cooling capability for those increasingly warm summer season games thanks to the world frying.  One day, all stadia will boast these features (tho ours will be underwater by then).

I’m sure others have noted obvious comparisons between a) our last home game v Dunfermline and b) our last hone game with Queens (last March).   In both cases, the team taking an early two goal lead lost 4-2.  Makes the tactical/motivational talk a little trickier.

Edited by farflung lichtie

2 hours ago, farflung lichtie said:

Healthy ventilation in public venues is now widely recommended/prescribed - Gayfield’s been ahead of that curve for yonks.  …… not to mention, its natural cooling capability for those increasingly warm summer season games thanks to the world frying.  One day, all stadia will boast these features (tho ours will be underwater by then).

I’m sure others have noted obvious comparisons between a) our last home game v Dunfermline and b) our last hone game with Queens (last March).   In both cases, the team taking an early two goal lead lost 4-2.  Makes the tactical/motivational talk a little trickier.

Giggled when I got to the under water bit 

I am buzzing for gayfield again tomorrow keeeeman

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

Confident of a win today and hopefully there is a healthy crowd to back the boys. It’s a long shot but we could be top at 5pm

Hopefully there being no Premiership games today, perfect conditions and a good win for Scotland last night might add a few onto the gate. Some local glory hunters might even fancy seeing what all the fuss is about.