Forfar v Elgin

Travelled further than the Welsh ***t to watch the Loons today!!! I didn’t get a selfie with Carrots, the tea kiosk girls or somebody selling neeps by the mert!!

Was generally happy with the standard of players we have these days. Slater is excellent, some others perhaps not at their best today but decent performance generally - save for pumping long balls to players not really up to holding the ball up. 

Lost a daft goal and that seems a familiar pattern, combined with lack of a clinical finishing striker. Pleased to watch a battling win against an Elgin side who also look to have some good players but they didn’t really get going despite Forfar giving them space and time to play - which made for some nervy moments!

Whetted my appetite for a stupidly long drive from South West England next weekend for a famous victory over Kelty…. 🤔

5 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:
22 minutes ago, nofixedability said:
Thought we were pretty poor today and, two excellent crosses apart, there was a real lack of quality. Fortunately Elgin were fairly toothless. Our lack of striking options is very soon going to cost us games.

What we'd give for a 2001/02 Paul Tosh in this team, or John Baird!

Was watching today thinking of hold up/link up play from Sanny or the likes of Baird - players like that change the team we have now into a really decent side.

Wasn’t at game and live stream didn’t work but from the highlights I saw, we had enough chances to take something from the game. In a League of fine margins our inability to take chances and again losing a sloppy goal is hurting us. Hopefully the heads stay up and the tide will turn🤞