Airdrie v Peterhead

17 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Glad to hear that you were actually there-the streaming is ok but it's not the same. Are there many Peterhead fans in Fife? For a long spell I liked Ryan Conroy but towards the end of his time with us , he seemed less than committed ( might have been our duff managers) . Good to hear that he had been playing well. Being on top is unusual and L1 is so tight that it makes us the side to knock down. Cheers to both of us.

Do Airdrie show highlights somewhere, the Fife branch of our support left before our "spectacular" late goal 😜. Thought Ryan Conroy may have started yesterday if fit, moved from left back to midfield for a couple games before injury & looked better there, we miss Si Ferry in that role one of those players you dont notice until not playing.. Back on to culinary matters a proper Rowie/Buttery is braw & worth a go, mentioned earlier was impressed with the Airdrie mince pie top of the league so far

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Do Airdrie show highlights somewhere, the Fife branch of our support left before our "spectacular" late goal 😜. Thought Ryan Conroy may have started yesterday if fit, moved from left back to midfield for a couple games before injury & looked better there, we miss Si Ferry in that role one of those players you dont notice until not playing.. Back on to culinary matters a proper Rowie/Buttery is braw & worth a go, mentioned earlier was impressed with the Airdrie mince pie top of the league so far

Highlights are here 

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv2122/061121/airdrieonians-vs-peterhead

Don't worry they missed our goal aswell 🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Highlights are here 

https://www.airdriefc.com/dtv2122/061121/airdrieonians-vs-peterhead

Don't worry they missed our goal aswell 🤣🤣

The keeper will be happy most of his teammates had turned away as well so did not see it 😃. Camera did not make our defending any better for their goals

15 minutes ago, peternapper said:

The keeper will be happy most of his teammates had turned away as well so did not see it 😃. Camera did not make our defending any better for their goals

I went straight past that shite as I wasnae putting myself through it again 

6 hours ago, peternapper said:

I did watch it today and all the Peterhead players are heading back to their end of the pitch as well. Pity the camera did not quite get all of it .

Great win yesterday. Firstly, to get back on track after last week and take the opportunity to go top of the league. Secondly, that's exactly the sort of game we'd have lost even last season. A well organised, difficult to break down team but who have the quality still to cause you trouble. Before this season we wouldn't have scored before half-time, they'd have got a goal and defended their lead with ease while we desperately failed to break them down. 

The first-half was stuffy but the goal really opened the game up for us and seemed to give us a confidence boost at the right time. Great finish by Easton, as were the other two goals. Middle to front we were superb once again. McInroy had another excellent game. Took his goal (and the one that got disallowed) well, got stuck in, good positioning and gave us that bit of drive and impetus going forward the entire game, but especially in the first-half when it was mostly lacking. He's said previously that he doesn't think Celtic will give him a new deal. I'd be throwing an offer his way ASAP. Easton (deservedly) gets all the plaudits but I thought Frizzell was brilliant again yesterday and my MotM. He's just as integral to the way we play as the others. The ball was sticking to his feet like he had glue on his boots and I like that he's not afraid to have a shot at goal or get stuck in despite his (lack of) size. Gal and Smith are linking up really potently. I think they make each other better players and they clearly have a good understanding. Both of their overall hold-up and link-up play has improved and some of Gal's work-rate and hold-up play yesterday was just fantastic. Can't believe he made THAT miss again though 😂 Overall however, they're both playing well and coming up with goals and assists. Fingers crossed Salim's scans return positive news and he can get back to delivering on the pitch also. 

It was good to see Luke Lyons return and get some minutes under his belt. Assuming he's not some Joe Gorman-like disaster just having another proper centre-half/defender on the pitch should make a positive difference and make us more solid. Obviously he might need a few more weeks to get up to speed but if his return allows McCabe to return to the midfield and Josh Kerr to get the treatment/rest/rehabilitation he needs for his calf problem then we'll be all the better for it.

Not sure what Max Currie was playing at but what a brain fart for the goal. A shame the camera never caught it! I was having flashbacks of the 3-4 Boxing Day game under EWB but thankfully we were able to see it out. I blame @AndyDD for suggesting we should make the end of games difficult for ourselves in the latest podcast. 

With us being top of the league, winning most weeks and playing so well I don't want to dwell on any negatives too much but I am concerned that we're essentially just going to have to muddle through until January without a proper left-back. There's obviously nothing we can do in that regard but it is a weak spot that teams will and are taking advantage of. McGill has been decent there at times and Walker did well enough yesterday within his own ability but neither are a long-term solution there  either at the back or going forward and McDonald seems to have completely fallen out of the picture. This will hopefully be addressed ASAP in January. I'd still also like us to bring in a winger or a wide-forward. Murray and Agnew have both spoken recently in their DTV interviews about the importance of our full-backs and wide players stretching the play. But apart from Watson we don't have anyone who can actually do that, which can make us a bit predictable and lopsided. We suffered from that lack of ability to stretch the game against Alloa as neither Smith or McGill are proper wide players and it's something that could well happen again. Just having that player as an extra option would be helpful. 

Great feeling being top of the league! Full credit to the players, managers, board and staff for getting us into this position. Now we have to deal with the pressure of staying there. Huge run of games coming up. An East Fife side who have found a bit of form next week, Cove the following week then Montrose and Queen's Park at the start of December. Need to get as many points as possible from those games to put us in a strong position to (hopefully) strengthen in January.