Airdrie v Peterhead

We need to bounce back this week and keep the pressure on at the top. Murray says it himself in the match preview. We need to make home advantage count. No disrespect to Peterhead but these are the sort of games Airdrie need to be winning if we want promotion this season. 

Defence should be more solid with both Kerr and Lyons supposedly back in contention. That's good news as also frees up McCabe to move back into midfield, where he is at his best. 

Tough break for Salim and McGill to be injured so limits our attacking options but we should have more than enough in the starting 11 to win this game. 

Need to return to the sort of form we showed against Falkirk. 

This is the kind of game we need to win . It was interesting to read that we were 11 points better off than at this time last season, so a win keeps up that momentum. Need to have the guys in the right positions as has been said. Maybe Gallagher will link better with Smith beside him as happened pre Alloa. Still unsure about LB mind you. Peterhead have a very good loan guy playing wide right ( Mulligan?) and Brown in  midfield is someone to keep close attention to. I have predicted a win but it will be tight again.

Utter shocking defending from us today.

First half was a total non event apart from the firework display behind the far side stand then with about 1 minute before ht instead of clearing our lines we decide to fanny about at the back lose the ball and stupidly lose a goal.

2nd half was following the same pattern as the first half but sadly the schemies had run out of rockets on the far side so our rockets decide to watch Airdrie players wander into the box and stupidly lose a 2nd.

But we saved the best clownshoes effort for the 3rd simple ball to deal with but let's not head it back to our goalie let's play it to the opposition player instead.

An absolute shocking display of defending.

In case anybody's wandering our defence is shite in case I haven't made that clear enough.

I'm away to console myself with my pal Mr Smirnoff 

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

First half was a total non event apart from the firework display behind the far side stand then with about 1 minute before ht instead of clearing our lines we decide to fanny about at the back lose the ball and stupidly lose a goal.

2nd half was following the same pattern as the first half but sadly the schemies had run out of rockets on the far side so our rockets decide to watch Airdrie players wander into the box and stupidly lose a 2nd.

But we saved the best clownshoes effort for the 3rd simple ball to deal with but let's not head it back to our goalie let's play it to the opposition player instead.

In case anybody's wandering our defence is shite in case I haven't made that clear enough.

Take it you're nae wholeheartedly in agreement with Jim's assessment in the day's P&J then?

87B8A3A6-D4D2-49B9-B041-886E8C209BCE.jpeg

17 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I agree with much of what you say about the first half and I assume it was via the stream unless you have a rocket return to Peterhead. The fireworks were about the only lively event as you say until Easton's goal. All goals are a mixture of defensive errors and attacking skill and it certainly went our way today. If I can give you some context the conditions were quite swirly, if not on a Gayfield metric and that might explain some of the play-your goal was a mixture of Currie's carelessness and wind at that end -maybe even a wee bit of showing off. If you want anything positive it was quite even for much of the game until the first goal which let Airdrie go forward a bit more effectively in that 2nd half spell. I thought Brown was good in midfield for most of the play and Mulligan does look a real threat . I could also say McLean was a bit of a threat and was unlucky not to score with that crossbar saving us. I was keen to see Conroy come on so he could get the usual friendly welcome and I hope Mr Smirnoff helps you. I had a Belhaven 80 shilling slide down while enjoying my South Indian takeaway. Best wishes 

4 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I agree with much of what you say about the first half and I assume it was via the stream unless you have a rocket return to Peterhead. The fireworks were about the only lively event as you say until Easton's goal. All goals are a mixture of defensive errors and attacking skill and it certainly went our way today. If I can give you some context the conditions were quite swirly, if not on a Gayfield metric and that might explain some of the play-your goal was a mixture of Currie's carelessness and wind at that end -maybe even a wee bit of showing off. If you want anything positive it was quite even for much of the game until the first goal which let Airdrie go forward a bit more effectively in that 2nd half spell. I thought Brown was good in midfield for most of the play and Mulligan does look a real threat . I could also say McLean was a bit of a threat and was unlucky not to score with that crossbar saving us. I was keen to see Conroy come on so he could get the usual friendly welcome and I hope Mr Smirnoff helps you. I had a Belhaven 80 shilling slide down while enjoying my South Indian takeaway. Best wishes 

I live in fife my friend and traffic was surprisingly light 

Conroy got injured a couple of weeks ago in Alloa and had been playing well up til then.

Enjoy yer 80 shilling and being top 

An usual game very flat by both sides in the first half with no tempo to the game at all,     Frizzell and Easton began to find pockets of space, leading to a fantastic finish by Dylan right on half time,   To be fair that totally changed the game,  The wind didn't look too bad until you left the stadium but was easier for AIrdrie in the second half albeit Peter head didn't do enough with it,   AIrdrie when Easton, Friz and McInro y get in the mood they are a pleasure to watch,   Smith was on it as well,    3 goals and could easily have been five or six,   Curries mistake epitomizes this Airdrie side , we do have a self destruct button, we need to cut this stuff out pronto...

To be fair to Peter head I have seen a lot worse sides this season,  2 full backs were impressive and Big McLean is a handful although pretty exposed up front himself....  Airdrie centre half s were very good, problem is full back areas,  Wallker tried hard struggled at times against the no 2,  Watson the same on the other side,   What is the Rico situation, is it any closer to getting resolved, we need every player fit and available..

Top of the League .....  Onwards and Upwards

8 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I live in fife my friend and traffic was surprisingly light 

Conroy got injured a couple of weeks ago in Alloa and had been playing well up til then.

Enjoy yer 80 shilling and being top 

Glad to hear that you were actually there-the streaming is ok but it's not the same. Are there many Peterhead fans in Fife? For a long spell I liked Ryan Conroy but towards the end of his time with us , he seemed less than committed ( might have been our duff managers) . Good to hear that he had been playing well. Being on top is unusual and L1 is so tight that it makes us the side to knock down. Cheers to both of us.

9 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Glad to hear that you were actually there-the streaming is ok but it's not the same. Are there many Peterhead fans in Fife? For a long spell I liked Ryan Conroy but towards the end of his time with us , he seemed less than committed ( might have been our duff managers) . Good to hear that he had been playing well. Being on top is unusual and L1 is so tight that it makes us the side to knock down. Cheers to both of us.

There are 3 of us and a couple in Edinburgh.All exiles but use the excuse of football to go up for home games every couple of weeks to visit friends and family plus ye cannae get a decent buttery south of Stonehaven🤣

50 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

There are 3 of us and a couple in Edinburgh.All exiles but use the excuse of football to go up for home games every couple of weeks to visit friends and family plus ye cannae get a decent buttery south of Stonehaven🤣

He was just wanting to know about fife, nae the entire support. 🤣

I don't really think we can argue with the result. Thought we were well worth that and could have had another 2 or 3, Currie made a couple of good blocks also!

I'll let Currie away with the blunder at the end, he's tried to be fancy at 3-0, fu*cked it up and looked like a tit, c"est la vie but I wouldn't have said that at 1-1!

Thought mcinroy and frizzel were outstanding today, fought for every ball, beat men and mcinroys finish was lovely 

Good feeling this Saturday night.

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Thanks for the info. and glad to see guys who keep supporting their team wherever they move to. I have never experienced a buttery but the fish supper in Stonehaven was excellent. I had an Aberdeen supporting friend in Glasgow who swore that skirlie was top notch but I only once ate it in Aberdeen. Must see about buttery when we next visit Balmoor.

7 hours ago, Roger Thornhill said:

Personally, thought Adam Frizzell was man of the match.  Great feet and skill but but more importantly he put in a hefty shift chasing back, harassing and closing down.  (PS I am not Adam Frizzell's maw, da, uncle, aunt or burd).

Since he's been gave a bit of freedom to roam, frizzells been one of the more consistent performers for weeks, there's a lot to like about the guy and he just plods on and gets on with it.

Another thing I noticed yesterday was HOW vocal Rhys McCabe is, he loves getting involved and really gives his all but yesterday he was never done barking at people to get back to position, close balls down and had a right go at Gal for daring not to track back one time.  If we are going to do well this season, this is exactly the type of responsibility and stepping up we need from the majority of the team.

Kerr McInroy is getting better every game, the guys clearly a very fit player, covers every blade of grass and likes a shot just as much as a tackle, that kind of player at this level (Kyle turner- esque) rarely comes along in a blue moon never mind 2 in 2 seasons (hopefully)