Cowden vs Kelty

There's usually not much aggro or even badinage down here in the bottom League. Cowden fans are one of the more passionate supports but mostly abuse their own side 😆

There was a certain team down here a few seasons ago who had a fair amount of bams in their support but for the last few years they've been epically failing to storm L1 as they said they would.

6 hours ago, Left Back said:

Think you’ve misunderstood me lads.  I wasn’t hoping for a scrap at all.

I groundhop all over the UK.  Derbies are normally mental. This one wasn’t so I thought it was odd because it was totally different from any other derby I’ve seen.

As I tried to explain, the 2 grounds are only a couple of miles apart but it’s never been a derby.

Keltys derby is Hill of Beath as both were in the same football association.

9 hours ago, Left Back said:

Headed along to this today.  Shite game of football.  Neither team looked like scoring until the Cowdenbeath keeper had a complete brain fart.

Home and away fans all saying hello to each other was strange.  Seemed like everyone knew everyone else from both sets of fans.

Lower league football can be odd.  I’d have assumed this being a derby there would be segregation and polis etc.

There's little history of the sides meeting this season being the first.

As there's only two miles or so between them a lot of people from both places will have went to the same High Schools either Beath or St Columba's, also they will have worked in the same places and drank in the same pubs.

Its understandable that there wasn't a Millwall - West Ham type atmosphere.

Surely a good thing that fans can go to a game have a friendly rivalry all without the need of knocking the shit out of each other.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Blackpool vs Fleetwood might be a good analogy in England. Unlikely to get too heated because most Fleetwood fans will have also supported Blackpool to some extent in the past even if only to a like to see them do well level.

I imagine a lot of folk started watching Fleetwood and AFC Fylde due to the antics of the Oyston's at Blackpool.