St Johnstone vs St Mirren 06.11.21

Just now, elvis said:

Certainly better than your mob

Well yeah, we were absolutely rancid and I doubt anyone will see a worse performance, on the ball, from many teams this season. It would be nearly impossible to not be better than us today.

Livingston, Hearts, and United, have all dominated us over the past month when we've, at least, had a 45 minute performance. St Mirren were simply less shite while we had a 90 minute stinker.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Well yeah, we were absolutely rancid and I doubt anyone will see a worse performance, on the ball, from many teams this season. It would be nearly impossible to not be better than us today.

Livingston, Hearts, and United, have all dominated us over the past month when we've, at least, had a 45 minute performance. St Mirren were simply less shite while we had a 90 minute stinker.

You were dominated today also. The only reason you escaped with a point was our poor play in the final 3rd.

I'm sure your stats would back the obvious. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

We all know McCart is leaving in January. Our biggest problem was the absolute clownshoe Summer window we had where nobody at the club done a fucking thing until the HOR was appointed. We literally have nobody we can drop him for.

Where is he going in January?

The first half reminded me of the first half v Livingston.

With hindsight, it’s good to know when we’re playing shite we can still sneak a point, but we need to wake up.

The international break usually comes at a bad time for us, I think it’s come at the best time with hindsight.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You were dominated today also. The only reason you escaped with a point was our poor play in the final 3rd.

I'm sure your stats would back the obvious. 

You had more of the ball, and more shots from outside the box, but I never felt the sustained pressure United/Hearts put on us today. It felt like St Mirren were just popping balls in the box and hoping it dropped for them, or relying entirely on McGrath to create something from nothing, whenever they got near the box. That's something that happens every time we play you.

I can't even remember Clark having to make a real save? He had one v Main in the first half but that was trundling wide anyway from my view.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You had more of the ball, and more shots from outside the box, but I never felt the sustained pressure United/Hearts put on us today. It felt like St Mirren were just popping balls in the box and hoping it dropped for them, or relying entirely on McGrath to create something from nothing, whenever they got near the box. That's something that happens every time we play you.

I can't even remember Clark having to make a real save? He had one v Main in the first half but that was trundling wide anyway from my view.

You got dominated in midfield. Our final 3rd was lacking. That's the only reason you escaped with a point. 

1 minute ago, Munoz said:

Its amusing- when we play well , it's just down to the opposition having their worst performance since time began. 

If that was a good performance for St Mirren then there's less chance of a top 6 finish than I previously thought.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Decent stop from the header towards the end. Tait, I think, on the end of a long ball from Alnwick.

Decent stop from the header towards the end. Tait, I think, on the end of a long ball from Alnwick.

Had one from a header in the first half, but was in line of him from memory.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I think I'd fallen asleep by then tbf.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Had one from a header in the first half, but was in line of him from memory.

I think I'd fallen asleep by then, tbf.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Should still comfortably finish above you lot though. 

worzel-gummidge.gif

We've been stinking all season and not even scored in half our games, yet sit 1pt behind you with a better goal difference.

Wait until we spunk our £1.5m in January.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've been stinking all season and not even scored in half our games, yet sit 1pt behind you with a better goal difference.

Wait until we spunk our £1.5m in January.

You never learn. We are the club that pay the big wages.

You'll just sell another couple of your better players in January for 60k.

11 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You got dominated in midfield. Our final 3rd was lacking. That's the only reason you escaped with a point. 

I’d agree you dominated the midfield, however that was more due to poor play by weak points in our team (2 of the 3 at the back) meaning that our 2 wings backs were tight back letting you push on to us. 

Saying that I never felt like you would score there was no threat at all

1 minute ago, NYD1997 said:

I’d agree you dominated the midfield, however that was more due to poor play by weak points in our team (2 of the 3 at the back) meaning that our 2 wings backs were tight back letting you push on to us. 

Saying that I never felt like you would score there was no threat at all

Agreed. Like I said earlier, we were poor in the final 3rd.

Starting with Main up top is the reason for that.