St Johnstone vs St Mirren 06.11.21

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

The quick throw-outs must be a noted feature of our game because Dundee were hammering into Alnwick last week too.

It was the 90th minute, we were a man down, and we were well outnumbered if he'd released it.

I've no idea why people are complaining about him doing it tbh.

I have to say, I quite liked Rooney's petulant childishness. When he knew his team weren't getting a win, he throws himself around a bit.

Class act for the farming community I suppose, a bit gauche for us more sophisticated types though.

St Mirren should be fuming they left with nothing.

Didn’t look like we were going to wake up until Wotherspoon came on.

On a side note, anyone else think McCart has lost his confidence?

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It was the 90th minute, we were a man down, and we were well outnumbered if he'd released it.

I've no idea why people are complaining about him doing it tbh.

I wasn't really complaining, more laughing at his heads gone for being booked. Like McGrath's yellow a few minutes before when you looked like you had men over. McGrath knew what he'd done, accepted the card and moved on. He even patted the ref on the back. Rooney, however, clearly has issues and didn't. 

For us that was a proper relegation battling performance. Literally the only positive was not losing, but that was entirely down to St Mirren creating absolutely nothing rather than anything we done, considering we kept handing them the ball for 90 minutes. 

Kanes red card has been coming for weeks, guys so frustrated and no wonder, gets absolutely nothing from his team mates and spends the whole game chasing hopeless punts and getting battered around the park. He's woeful on the ball so you'd think folk would try and get close to him.

I think we all worried fans would turn on Davidsons style once we returned to the ground and actually witnessed it, and I worry that's coming true. We were dull as f**k last season but winning games can mask it, he really needs to figure out a way to get us creating more off our own back, even if it means changes in January.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

So was Rooney actually sent off.

I was driving and listening to Sportsound. Kettlewell couldn’t make his mind up and in the end never confirmed one way or the other.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the ref flashed a yellow at the big fud.

Two bottom six sides fighting over a comb. Bit more effort in the second half from our POV but no quality. We have gone so far backwards from last season.

Snap reaction: I don’t think the back five is working for us at the minute in most games. It’s not like last season where we were playing well despite results and needed to be patient - minus 60 mins v a dreadful Dundee side I don’t think we’ve looked great. Last season it came to work because of: Ali McCann being much better than this level … Wotherspoon being consistently good … overlapping confident CBs against weaker teams. Don’t have these elements this season for multiple reasons, at least so far in case of latter two (How poor was J McCart today btw?)

I think after the semi (where we should keep 5 at the back for obvious reasons) we need a bit of a rethink, be it tweaks to this system or a new one. I hope Calum doesn’t think we can basically go with roughly what we had today against Hibs at home and Dundee away after the semi, points picked up in last 3 mask the fact we could easily have lost all 3.

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

I wasn't really complaining, more laughing at his heads gone for being booked. Like McGrath's yellow a few minutes before when you looked like you had men over. McGrath knew what he'd done, accepted the card and moved on. He even patted the ref on the back. Rooney, however, clearly has issues and didn't. 

Rooney has been a complete nutter his entire time with us, so I wouldn't read too much into it today tbh. A regular occurance for him to spend minutes after a decision screaming at a ref and honestly I'm surprised he doesn't get booked for it more.

Guess he maybe needs that edge to perform though so you can't really remove it.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Rooney has been a complete nutter his entire time with us, so I wouldn't read too much into it today tbh. A regular occurance for him to spend minutes after a decision screaming at a ref and honestly I'm surprised he doesn't get booked for it more.

Guess he maybe needs that edge to perform though so you can't really remove it.

Let's bo honest though, he's not very good. Probably behaves like a petulant child to mask this fact.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rooneys one man trolling ot St Mirren the only highlight of that match. 50+ of them being restrained by one steward my favourite.

Rooney on Alnwick nowhere close to McCarthy snapping him from behind at knee height just minutes before on a counter attack (SHOCK it was only a booking), but I guess St Mirren fans will just ignore that.

I get it must be depressing watching such an awful performance from your team, but your reading of the refs cards is mental.

3 minutes ago, Zamora Fan said:

I think after the semi (where we should keep 5 at the back for obvious reasons) we need a bit of a rethink, be it tweaks to this system or a new one. I hope Calum doesn’t think we can basically go with roughly what we had today against Hibs at home and Dundee away after the semi, points picked up in last 3 mask the fact we could easily have lost all 3.

I do, and have for a while, think a discussion needs had about the shape, but not sure it's worth blaming it today.

I've never seen so many players misplace simple passes before.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

St Mirren should be fuming they left with nothing

We left with a point, ya dafty! ;)

Seriously though, I do love this logic: "The opposition should be really annoyed we were utterly shite" is quite the self own when you think about it.

4 more years of Davidson-ball. 

Links Park looks more and more tempting after every passing game. Horrible football, manager is incredibly inflexible. As far as sticking plasters go, a cup double is a very effective one but f**k me, we are terrible at football. 

Big opportunity lost for us today.

Can’t honestly remember any top division opponent putting in such a poor display against us.

And yet, we couldn’t put the ball in the net.

I’d like to see Dennis get a bit more time on the pitch. Main tried hard, and had some decent touches, but the free header he missed in the first minute is the perfect illustration as to why he’s not going be the man who’ll sneak the goals we need to win games like this.