St Johnstone vs St Mirren 06.11.21

When was the last time we won in Perth? I think Kenny McLean scored a late winner in 2011, think we've barely got a point there since, our record there is truly shocking. Hopefully change that this weekend, but no idea if we will, this season I think any team can beat any other team on their day.

You've won in Perth since, in October 2014 according to the list below.  We started that season scoring goals for fun with Maclean and May on fire, so a decent victory.  (Shite, was the season after!)

A 0-0 is the best you've had since; and just to completely jinx it.. the buddies haven't scored in Perth since that game, 6 matches.

IMG_8117.thumb.JPG.ef87608afd11b64a752b456152f7384b.JPG

Edited by PauloPerth

Stevie May had gone by October 2014 @PauloPerth and pretty sure MacLean was injured. We were in the Brian Graham era by then.

St Mirren fans will know better than me but think Tommy Craig was their manager then which just makes the defeat even worse for us.

25 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Stevie May had gone by October 2014 @PauloPerth and pretty sure MacLean was injured. We were in the Brian Graham era by then.

St Mirren fans will know better than me but think Tommy Craig was their manager then which just makes the defeat even worse for us.

Of course, so it was; was thinking that was the start of the cup winning season, but was the October afterwards. We struggled for goals big time that season but still finished 4th.

5 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

We struggled for goals big time that season but still finished 4th.

Scored the second lowest in the league with 34, if I recall correctly. The 2-1 defeat at home that season was one of those ridiculously infuriating matches that season where we were really, really poor. 

Stevie May had gone by October 2014@PauloPerth and pretty sure MacLean was injured. We were in the Brian Graham era by then.

We don’t talk about that era…

I was ready to suggest that both teams that day were likely to be man-for-man poorer than today’s versions. Then I checked - how we got relegated with Kenny McLean and John McGinn in the middle of the park (at least for half a season), would be considered criminal if they weren’t surrounded by dross like Adam Drury (the match winner that day…), Ross Caldwell, James Marwood and Callum Ball.

42 minutes ago, codfish said:

We don’t talk about that era…

I was ready to suggest that both teams that day were likely to be man-for-man poorer than today’s versions. Then I checked - how we got relegated with Kenny McLean and John McGinn in the middle of the park (at least for half a season), would be considered criminal if they weren’t surrounded by dross like Adam Drury (the match winner that day…), Ross Caldwell, James Marwood and Callum Ball.

That squad was a real rollercoaster of quality. Obviously Thommo's injuries played their part: if he'd scored more than a few goals that season then between him and McLean we might have been ok.

I think we should congratulate St Johnstone, after all they have achieved something St Mirren never has (and probably never will) and that is playing football in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think we should congratulate St Johnstone, after all they have achieved something St Mirren never has (and probably never will) and that is playing football in the 3rd tier of Scottish football.

Funnily enough some of my favourite memories are from that time..Visiting grounds that I had never been to before or since..

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Only got the end of the spell in the old second division, but that was a great time.

No surprise to see a st Mirren supporter harking back to the 1980's though; wasn't that the last time you finished top 6?!

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

No surprise to see a st Mirren supporter harking back to the 1980's though; wasn't that the last time you finished top 6?!

I congratulate your team on something I doubt mine will achieve and all I get is salt from you? #harsh

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Unless you're Tony Fitzpatrick, then it's every day before his medication. 

I'd have thought you'd have liked the 80s, Tam, after all you were in your middle age prime, wearing a stone island jacket and beating up 'young teams'.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I'd have thought you'd have liked the 80s, Tam, after all you were in your middle age prime, wearing a stone island jacket and beating up 'young teams'.

I was still in primary school for part of the 80s m8.

It may have been a primary school where pupils actually robbed the school safe and assaulted several teachers, but it was my primary school.

I was still in primary school for part of the 80s m8.
It may have been a primary school where pupils actually robbed the school safe and assaulted several teachers, but it was my primary school.

I see Letham Primary has never changed.