St Johnstone vs St Mirren 06.11.21

1-0 home win. We miss two good chances, have a bit of possession, do hee-haw with it. St Johnstone aren’t creating much themselves, but score somewhere between the 70th and 85th minute to run out winners in a game where ‘they were there for the taking’. Post-game, Jim bemoans the lack of a cutting edge, but points out the possession stats.

I’m sticking 50p on Bet365 that the above scenario plays out exactly as described. 🤐

Edited by pozbaird
Edited cos’ I’m a diddy who couldn’t spell ‘possession’ correctly the first time.

Feels likely to be a low scoring, hard fought midfield battle.  St Mirren on a poor recent run after going 6 or so unbeaten, whilst we've just picked up two decent results despite being outplayed for large parts of each match.

Think our recent record at home to st Mirren is decent.  A 0-0 or 1-1 could be  the bet, but it would be good to go into the international break on a high, with the league cup semi final on the return to domestic football. Potentially 5th place (equal for us) beckons for the winner here.  

1-0 to the Perth Saints.

Clark

Brown Gordon McCart

MOH     Davidson Bryson   Booth

Crawford Wotherspoon

Kane

If Spoony not fit, then Middleton instead.

Feels an important game for us, but more as we need to start consistently getting results, and performing for longer than 45 minutes, than the actual 3 points.

33 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Brown Gordon McCart

MOH   Davidson Bryson  Booth

Crawford Wotherspoon

Kane

If Spoony not fit, then Middleton instead.

Brown will be out too. Davidson and Bryson would be my first choice central pairing out of all the midfielders at the club. So brown and Spoony out of your lineup and Dendonker and Middleton in, should be enough to pump these weegie fucks.

How has Tanser been for you guys? Always felt he was good going forward, but weaker defensively. Assume you are playing him on the left of a back 5, which is his best position.

On the game, I think it will be fairly tight and maybe a single goal will win it. Although, I'm convinced that at something fairly soon we are due to give someone an absolute hiding. 

4 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

How has Tanser been for you guys? Always felt he was good going forward, but weaker defensively. Assume you are playing him on the left of a back 5, which is his best position.

Struggled to recover from the ragdolling Rooney gave him the last time the sides played.

Edited by buddie06smfc

If it's worth anything I think we'll lose this, we've had our little spell of decent results and it's time for the shit ones, meanwhile St Johnstone have come away from their shit spell and are now improving. Timing is everything, and for us, it's not good. Unless we show up, which we might, not banking on it.

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I clicked all those boxes knowing full well what I was getting.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Alan-Main-e1413454758305.jpg.e79f8eb0e1b45f5908a9a0794a89eab1.jpg

Clark

Rooney Gordon McCart

MOH     Davidson  Bryson   Booth

Crawford Middleton

Kane

Not sure if Callum in the press claiming that Rooney might be back holds any water but if it does, let's go (fairly) baws oot. For whatever reason it seems to me that MOH and Middleton on the pitch at the same time seems to work for us, think we can press pretty high against Shaughnessey etc. The boy Ronan looks tricky and could get in the space between midfield and defence but Muzz and Bryson should be able to cover that, and auld man Power shouldn't cause any problems.

1-0 home win, May off the bench.