Queen's Park v East Fife

I've not been to many games this season, so I can't really comment on how Queen's have been playing, but for folks saying they should be happy being in 2nd and a point off the top, it's notable that 3 of the 5 league wins this season came in August.  Clearly there's been a drop off in results over the last couple of months and if that continues QP won't be lingering around the top for much longer in such a tight league.

Outside the 2 Dumbarton victories, I genuinely don’t think there’s been any comfortable performances outside that. We got away with murder against Falkirk and we almost screwed it up entirely against Peterhead. Momentum from the league 2 campaign may have helped in August but that’s evaporated very quickly. Serious pressure if we can’t get 3 points against Clyde on Saturday 

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

Outside the 2 Dumbarton victories, I genuinely don’t think there’s been any comfortable performances outside that. We got away with murder against Falkirk and we almost screwed it up entirely against Peterhead. Momentum from the league 2 campaign may have helped in August but that’s evaporated very quickly. Serious pressure if we can’t get 3 points against Clyde on Saturday 

Bit harsh in terms of the Falkirk game. They’d usually be expected to have the better of it at home. We got a bit of luck, but we dug in and were resolute. Which begs the question, why can’t we replicate it? There’s a good side in there.

Charlie Fox has started every single one of the five league games we’ve won. Four of those wins have been clean sheets. I’m not claiming the guy is Franco Baresi, but it’s a stat worthy of note. He does the basics pretty well and sometimes that’s all you need. Feels like Laurie is sometimes making it a whole lot more complex than it needs to be. Play your best players in their strongest positions, let that side settle and try and gain some momentum.

I don’t really care if other guys aren’t happy if they don’t get as much game time as they’d like. It’s down to them to take their chances when they come. Even then, that’s not happening. Longstaff scores at Dumbarton and is barely seen. Moore, who has done next to nothing, comes in and starts. He sees training every day, so it’s his call but it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense in terms of performances in games.

1 hour ago, qpfc said:

4 hours ago, Chester Desmond said:

I've not been to many games this season, so I can't really comment on how Queen's have been playing, but for folks saying they should be happy being in 2nd and a point off the top, it's notable that 3 of the 5 league wins this season came in August.  Clearly there's been a drop off in results over the last couple of months and if that continues QP won't be lingering around the top for much longer in such a tight league.

Fair comments both. Factor in the tightness in this league and we could be sixth or seventh in a few games.

On 07/11/2021 at 13:48, Alf Stamp Army said:

Agree with this...
We seem to have a high proportion of faultless football managers in our support emoji849.png
I didn't enjoy the 2nd half partly down to frustrating lack of tempo and urgency on the pitch but also Ibrox type atmosphere with moans and groans for every stray pass, high pitched get your act together Queens and a Thomson you're useless shout
Don't think any of that helps the players...
We played some of our best stuff early in the season with Gillespie and Brown bossing the midfield I'm not sure where Carroll fits in and whether all 3 can play together?
I'm sure the experts will have the answers...

The vast majority of what I'm reading here is constructive criticism from supporters who have watched their club home and away every week for years. I certainly don't agree with all of it at times but it comes from a good place and the majority of the same folk also give out praise when it's due.

As for "moans and groans" etc when things aren't going well. Shouting at our players has never been my style but this happens at every club and it was the exact same before we went pro. The centre stand at Hampden was a particular hotspot for that. But it's nowhere near the level of places like Ibrox, not even close.    

On 06/11/2021 at 21:00, qpfc said:

routinely losing last minute goals and yet half the interview consisted of talking about our goalkeeper(very good I must say) 

Yeah I thought he did well and made a couple of good saves, the point blank header especially. The one he tipped over the bar was more straightforward imo but decent footwork to get back in position. Still think he needs to work on his distribution (an area where Muir excels) There was a couple of shakey moments where he put us under pressure with wayward throws and kick outs. Overall though he can be happy with how he played.   

Edited by Mick1867

Agree with this...
We seem to have a high proportion of faultless football managers in our support [emoji849]
I didn't enjoy the 2nd half partly down to frustrating lack of tempo and urgency on the pitch but also Ibrox type atmosphere with moans and groans for every stray pass, high pitched get your act together Queens and a Thomson you're useless shout
Don't think any of that helps the players...
We played some of our best stuff early in the season with Gillespie and Brown bossing the midfield I'm not sure where Carroll fits in and whether all 3 can play together?
I'm sure the experts will have the answers...

Please Alf, be a bit more condescending [emoji1303]

Expectations are higher now and understandably so. We aren’t “plucky wee QP” anymore. I’m not one for shouting abuse at players but this isn’t a case of the guys playing for just the love of the game anymore. A lot of them are on good money and, whilst personal abuse is bang out of order, I understand people having a go if a player is having a shocker or not bothering their arse.

Laurie isn’t playing out stronger team at the minute, and that isn’t helping anyone.

I think what's frustrating is that if we had won three of the drawn games, and that is entirely reasonable, we'd be tanning the league. You could even fling in getting a draw instead of a win at Falkirk  and we'd be clear by a relatively comfortable amount.

We do have an excellent squad though and I think this'll pay dividends as the season draws on and other teams start to struggle with injuries and suspensions.

Please Alf, be a bit more condescending [emoji1303]

Expectations are higher now and understandably so. We aren’t “plucky wee QP” anymore. I’m not one for shouting abuse at players but this isn’t a case of the guys playing for just the love of the game anymore. A lot of them are on good money and, whilst personal abuse is bang out of order, I understand people having a go if a player is having a shocker or not bothering their arse.

Laurie isn’t playing out stronger team at the minute, and that isn’t helping anyone.

OK I'll try and up my condescending game [emoji106]
Never OK to abuse our own players in my book amateur or pro, good game or bad don't see what good it does but Ive made my point [emoji99]
On our strongest team I'm not convinced Ellis will start with Connell, Brown & Gillespie together due to balance and number of goals we've been leaking but like most I'm mystified why Fox not been playing as that would help solve that problem
I'd put money on Kilday starting v Clyde tho especially after scoring last week [emoji849]